Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Druchii said:
I'm buying stormtrooper armour
I have a set. I built it with the help of several FX people friends. It is as accurate as reference pics and drawings from Lucasfilm allow (said friends go to the Ranch at least once a year). The helmet, however, was made by one of them (he has a vacformer), but all of the interior electronics were installed by me (including the cooling vest and heat exchange unit - built around a peltier diode based circuit).

I'm in the 501st. We do charity work (groups will visit the childrens' hospitals to cheer up the sick kids. Glad to have a helmet on sometimes, so they can't see my eyes tear up.). All the other stormtrooper armour wearing SW geeks are just sad pretenders. :D About on par with lycra wearing ST fans. Or even ManFay (shudder!!!). Glorified cosplayers, really.

Somebody quoted the Battle barge being able to transport 3 CHAPTERS, and then went on to say that a CHAPTER was 10 squads of 10 men. No, that's a company. A BB can transport 3 companies and support assets. If a BB could transport 3 chapters, then the vaunted astartees would be carpoolin'. Also, if a chapter was ONLY 100 marines, then somebody seriously misread the codex:Astartes.

Me, I like both SW and 40k. My SM (company) are painted up like my 501st brethren. Fluffwise, they are part of the 13th founding, using Imperial fists geneseed, and cloned from specific donor stock (the 13th founding had several 'wrong' production methods, cloning being one of them). This explains the identical heads on them (those without helmets).

Who would win?
Lucas.
He will buy out GW, and then licence Hasbro to produce pre-painted 40k models. :biggrin:
Edit: Left off the cheesy grin icon to indicate the SARCASM.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
GWS would never whore themselves to that two-bit writer now, or in 39,000 years! He may have the money but its never going to happen. Hell, a cataclysmic war between a pre-heresy Imperium and the Old Republic is more likely to happen!

Besides, hasbro sucks and so does wizards of the coast, everything that comes out of those two is useless CRAP. (except magic:the gathering and JUST the D&D rulebooks.) Pre-painted miniatures especially D&D mini's are pure garbage. When I play D&D I use GWS models.
Sarcasm detection FAIL. To say that Hasbro only produces crap, and then cite two examples to back your claim. Irony much?

As Hasbro absorbed several smaller games companies, as it shall also do to GW unless they raise their game. GW are still a minnow in the pond. They should at least be aware of the sharks circling.

Psssha! Nerds debating two entirely fictitious and inconsistent universes as to which is better. Still, at least it isn't a Rugby is better than NFL argument.

{Neither is a real sport. Real men play hockey ]:eek:k:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts