Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
first off, you all tout the jedi as the pinacle of the force... no
a true Sith Lord (Darth Bane, Darth Revand or Malak, Exar Kun, ect ect ect) kicks the living sh!t out of any and every jedi you can name. Bane trapped the souls of 100 extremely powerful jedi in a sphere of dark side energy, for all eternity, making the entire planet a focus of dark side power in the process.

of the very few force users powerful to become force ghosts, there is only 1 I know of that could affect reality, and that was Exar Kun, a sith.

Next, Lea lived because she got hit by a stun bolt. which is specially calibrated to knock your bich a$$ down without killing you.

The Clones werent as numerous as you think, there were alot, and each clone is worth about 5 to 10 guardsmen, and a Space marine 8 to 12 clones before being brought down by concentrated blaster fire. SBD's are slightly inferior to clones.

If you really want the toughest SW army, that would be the mandalorians. 2 Mando Crusaders or Neo-Crusaders would equal a space marine (Mandalorians are the Star Wars equivalent of Spartans, for those of you without the knowhow in star wars)

The most powerful Star Wars has been would be the Galactic Alliance about 2 months before the sh!t hit the fan again.
This is because 1) they had recently been through 5 years of 40k style warfare, and had just finished re-building, there was a LARGE group of battle ready Mandalorians who had a tradeshare/mutual protection deal with the best technicians in the Star Wars universe (a squad of Mandalorian Bes'Ulik fighters is worth a decent, destroyer sized 40k ship, as the armour on the Bes'Ulik is equivalent to that of an Imperial II star destroyer and then some, it has amazing sheilds, stealth technology and capitol ship killing missiles). In the era for SW I mentioned you also have the YVH combat droids, which have 'Cron like regeneration abilities, variable output Blasters theat can punch massive holes through top-end armour, or rapid fire at a rate that would make assault cannons look slow (granted, the power there is like that of a lasgun) these droids also have Miniature Missile Launcher systes (single shot boltgus, 50 shots loaded on the droid) or an elextro ray (tank killer/nervous system frier) and grenades that put the best in 40k to shame. These were mass produced, and when they were beyond repair in combat, they would self destruct with a blast that could take down a frigate sized vessel.

so imho, space battles are equal for Great Crusade v. Galactic Alliance (other starship advancements were made here, didnt want to spam out how/why they could match 40k vessels, but if need be I will)
GC vs Empire or republic, edge goes to GC tho
current 40K v. GA in space, equal, edge to GA due to techno degredation

Land Combat is tricky tho...
With REAL sith to balance/obliterate psykers, Mandolorians and YVH droids in sufficient numbers to match Marines (not enough mandos to cover whole war effectively as there arent as many Mandos as there were Marines, but they could hold a few key points if used right) of course then you would have troopers who are about on par with guardsmen and a serius numerical advantage going to the GC at the theatres where Mandos arent Present
With Jedi, 1) no Mandos, the two groups dont get along, 2) a distincive care for innocents comes into play, 3) you now have regular troopers (guardsmaan like) 4) in the right era, you would get the YVH droids and Boba Fett willing to tolerate Jedi until the crisis abated (it wouldnt, the jedi would lose the war via compassion)

so if the eras ligned up right, it would be an amazingly epic clash of titanic military powers, and could go wither way. However, I dont know the quality of the sith in the Galactic Alliances era, or how willing to team up with the GA they would be.
If you dont get a proper era lign up tho, Imperium kicks SW's candy a$$, hands down.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The Mandos werent slaughtered, they scattered, a good 15 years after ROTJ, Boba is Mand'alor (ruler of the Mandalorians) and decides that their homeworld is in need of attention... so Boba just told some of his mando buddies to tell their buddies (and so on and so forth) that Mand'alor wats everyone back on Mandalore (Mando homeworld) within 3 months or so something like 500k had returned... by the end of the most recent book, even more had returned home, and there was still no noticable slowdown...

You cannot "slaughter" mandalorians, they are expert tacticians who will realize they have been beat, then scatter, in fact during most of the star wars, well, anything from KOTOR to the 2nd book in the most recent series, they had been scattered like this, reproducing, adopting (they are chronic adopters, any human/humanoid who has the skill/mannerisms of a Mando and is without any real family to speak of who runs accross a Mando is likely to be adopted into that Mando's clan, no questions asked really after loyalty has been proven). With the strength of Beskar'Gam (mando body armour, Crusader, Neo-Crusader or Katarn (Boba & Jango have this varient, ep 3 clone armour and stormy armour are made to look like it) is about as tough as power armour (takes heavy ordanance, sniper or AP fire to get through anything but the weak spots) plus has several built in weapon systems and tools of war (they only show about 2/5ths of the systems on Bobas armour in the movies) and sensors, a mando never looks over his shoulder because his helmet can do that for him... he just brings up a pop-up of whats behind him.

however, in order for SW to stand a snowballs chance in hell against the Imperium, they would need Bane at the helm, Bobas Mandalorians (as of most recent book) YVH war droids, Galactic Alliance (jsut before the sh!t hits the fan in newest books) fleets, and Clone Troopers for cannon fodder...
the tech/people just dont line up, in any Star Wars Era the resources just arent present to survive being attacked by the Imperium, Imperium would crush any era of Star Wars (unless time travel was possible, whitch it isnt)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Vader is actually one of the weaker Sith Lords, better then most "Sith Order" Lords (only because any time there are more then 2 Sith the power of the Dark Side gets too spread out for serious power acclimation in one being); granted, he is of Banes line of Sith... but Vader and Palpatine killed that line. So Lucious would prob. win.

Now Kas'Im (Darth Banes master (for lightsaber useage at least)) would be equal to or maybe a little better than Lucious... as he couldnt be beat in hand to hand combat... someone had to drop a 50000 ton stane temple on his ass to kill him.

Dont know how a Death Star would do against a Blackstone tho

·
Registered
676 Posts
In most recent major war for SW, the Galactic Alliance lost an estimated 365 TRILLION beings, thats soldgeirs, innocents, everything...

and the GA kept on going...

sad, but they didnt notice the losses too bad.

so, numerically SW is probbably bigger

Killing Emp. would prob break the Imperiums back:fuck:

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm with Daneel on this, in that I am a big fan of both universes... and wouldnt really want to see either get its ass handed too it.

Yoda and Eldrad talking philosophy... lol... absolutely NO ONE would have any idea what the fuck was going onn in the conversation

I think, that for the purpose of this thread, we should agree that galaxies got kinda fuseticated (much like we agreed on going wiht the Empire v.s. Imperium)
That said... the Rebels would become a non-issue then, as they would absolutely HATE both Imperium and Empire... prbably either tear itself in half trying to fight both (and losing) or go off and join the Tau

therefore we have a totally undistracted Empire focusing its might against whatever the Imperium has to spare at the moment...

Daneel, I would be interested to see what affect SW's war droids and or Mandalorians would have on the war/conflict.

Oh and feel free to drop said math hammer on me (what you've done before and, if at all possible, what I requested

__________ FTW!!!!!!!!:crazy:

·
Registered
676 Posts
math-hammer... big... :shok: ...

mah head hurts

Empire isnt all that afraid of heavy losses, granted they have less of a stomach for it then the Imperium... but it would still take some MASSIVE losses to get them to think twice.

Vaders SSD was the first of the class... it died... The EMpire built at least 15 more... Alliance killed them... Emperial Remnant still made more...
The Empire is stubborn like that, in fact, killing a bunch of Super Star destroyers would probably lead to them producing Super Duper Star Destroyers and or Super II Star Destroyers
Dont undedrsestimate the ass-holeish stubborness of the Empire

·
Registered
676 Posts
Dareen, sorry to correct you, but the official numbers on the vong war (according to wookipedia (those guys are like nazi's when it comes to getting facts right) is 365 trillion

there have been a few SW super heavies... however they dont stack up to 40k's, I say this with confidence, after having seen (and subsequently pounded the living shit out of the weak spots) of several in the game's the appeared in, I can give Super Heavies to 40k (without the math-hammer, as the SW super-heavies being so few and far between, most lack a wookipedia entry)

·
Registered
676 Posts
I agree, your average jedi Knight/Sith Apprentice would be an expensive upgrade leader. People Like Vader, Palpatine, Katarn, Kenobi, they would all be special characters.

I agree with most of the saves, but force users have been known to use the force to redirect some of the things a saber cant deflect, but not enough to really provide the dame save they get against low end las-weapons... and bolters still cant be stopped. An assasins shot would set off a jedi's "danger sense" (what lets them dodge shit so well, the force tips them off) but in a battlefeild... well,wverything is fuckin dangerous during battle, dodging becomes a focused effort, which means no fighting back, leading to more dodging... eventually they slip up, get hit, and well, die.

There are some jedi/sith that could, and would throw a whole squad, or electrify a whole squad ect ect ect

yes they are faster, wut they could focus for short periods of time and move even faster, as in, i11 fast...

I can see where this is going already, Heresy Onlines SW codex... ":ireful2:damnit we couldnt figure out a winner in the thread, so we made this so you can find out for yourself:ireful2:" right underneath Codex: Galactic Empire or Codex: Star Wars

lolz, this could get interesting, lolz:crazy:

·
Registered
676 Posts
@Godefroii: 1-we already agreed that Titans would dominate the battlefeild and require 28 or so AT-AT's to take down a Warhound (not mentioning the bigger ones)
2-sorry, but Star War's ships are bigger, more powerful, better sheilded and possesing longer range weapons
3-once again, sorry, but we have already agreed that Star Wars has planetary sheilds MORE than capeable of catching anything an Imperium fleet could throw down... and with the Empires ships having bigger, badder guns have a bigger badder scarier planetary bombardment
4-given
5-Stormtroopers are about the same... and dwelling in a galaxy that can take 365 trillion beings killed in stride (and keep fighting), the IG would be equaled in number within a few years of warfare
6-already mentioned that
7-no, the Empire has better, faster advancing tech, and is not afraid to adapt/move foreward like the Imperium
8- O.K. you have that one, but it only plays in a little bit

now that that is done, heres an interesting thought: the Vong War lasted about 5 years, it was a 40k style war, hundreds if not thousands of worlds crushed out of existence, trillions lost on one side, the other on the brink of extinction when the war ended (if a living planet hadnt ran off with the last few thousand survivors, the Vong would have been wiped out). Within 2 years of losing badly, the entire Star Wars galaxy, Imperial Remnant included (yeah, Empire kept on losing for a while in the books, then got shoved into a region probably a little bigger than what the Ultramarines area), teamed up, and tooled up, they started pumping out troops at IG like rates, with weapons and tactics designed to specifically combat the vong, they made War Droids and special capitol vessels to combat the Vong, and new marks of almost every fighter craft they possesed, once again, geared towards fighting the Vong.
Now, the Vong used bio-tech, their projectiles were small, razor boddied and winged bugs, which would keep turning around and coming at you until you killed the bug (there were other varients of this bug), they had a slave army (BIG) and as they captured people, they implanted them with mind-controlling parasites which would add the person to the slave army. Their ships could generate a small black hole for sheilding, and spat molten rock (which could destroy sheilds within 2 to 3 hits on a small scale (fighter craft) 8 to 10 on a large scale (capitol vessels)) also, that sheilding black hole could be used to "eat" a sheilded vessels sheild in one pass (if it is a close enough pass)
The Star Wars galaxy adapted their tech to counter all that AND MORE in the space of 2 years, and most of the inhabitants accepted the extreme militirization, in fact they accepted and embraced it.
So... fighting the Imperium would take much less adaptation, therefore would be easier and quicker. The Empire isnt a democracy, in fact, it was a Sith run Dictatorship, therefore, Palpatine could simply up impressment and recruitment methods, perhaps even re-instate cloning programs to match 40k's troop counts fairly quickly. It would not take more than a year, year-and-a-half tops to adapt to and match the imperium.
Granted, there would be very few if any counters to Super-Heavies and Space Marines. And that first 1 to 1.5 years would be pretty rough for the Empire.
However, after that, IMHO, it would be a knock-down drag-out, bloody-ass, merciless, no-prisoners, no-holds-barred, B.A.M.F war.

just some thoughts, trying to put things more into perspective :mrgreen:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Fluff'Ead you DUMBASS, a lightsaber is a blade of pure energy focused through crystals, the traits of the crystal (ruby, diamond, corusca gem ect ect ect) determines most of the other traits. A lightsager uses energy, NOT LIGHT. If it used light, it would be a lasgun...

Another trump card is the nano-virus, this virus kills within minuites of contracting, and uses genetic markers to kill only specific beings, therefore, any large group of beings with lots of shared DNA (i.g. Space Marines) can be wiped out very quickly, en masse. Furthermore, only an ounce, or less, of the blood from any member of the group, makes the extermination very easy.

I agree with your guy's veiws on Jango, and Boba... yea Boba did have a family, then he fucked it up... yea he gets to be Mand'Alor, but then the Imperial Remnant dropped an assasin strain of the nano-firus (geared towards Fett) on Mandalore, so he is a ruler who can no longer set foot on his capitol (besides, a LOT of the surviving CLones (lots of the Spec. Ops. CLones deserted half-way through the clone wars, many had families (made possible by Kal Skirata and the Arc Nulls beating how to slow the aging of clones)) probbably died off, along with their families too :(:cray: ). So, capturing a primarch, a scout marine, any marine from a first-founding chapter, could kill off thousands of marines without a fight.

I would have fluff'ed this, but I'm not sure if mine is up to your guy's level (hint, follow link in my sig. and give feed-back, if I knew wether or not I am decent at all at this, I wouldnt have broken the chain/thread of breaking down the war fluffily... plz)

·
Registered
676 Posts
the force tips them off to incoming shots... nano-virus got through enviro-seals on Fetts armor (strain of the virus was intended for the warrior strain of an insectoid race, so he didnt die from it)... Star Wars not being techno-phobic like the Imperium likely has better enviro-seals, and Mando's dont skimp on systems for their armor (or weapons), so it is safe to assume Boba's enviro-seals were better... therefore it would get through a space marines seals as well.

·
Registered
676 Posts
well, first off I am neutral....

but hell, hiding under a rock wont protect you from the planet going boom...
then again, a thunderhawk slamming into the conduits (after flying up the exhaust pipe... Lemiwinks style, but more willing to enter) that go boom would kill the death star.:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

also, while the Empire does have space supperiority, well, they tend to be arrogant asses, would under-estimate the Imperium, and lose something big (death star, again, lol)

nice use of repentias though, distract the storm-troopers (no poonage at the Imperial academy, contrary to what recruitment posters may say:
, lol, lets see the IG beat that)

and why end the war so soon guys, the loss of billions (maybe even trillions, again) would be very fun to read about... 40k counter-fluff, I CHOOSE YOU!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
O.K. autarch... that should be enough to get the non-neutral 40k favoring ppl to get their asses moving and get something that could give them an edge making this, once again a heated and equal debate thread

juices of decomposition would be Nurgle... not Emperor of Mankind (he is still only at the stages of peeling skin and maggoty goodness)

Heres a thought that may give 40k some hope... Adeptus Mechanus is likely tinkering with several DAoT war machines they have fond... maybe Palpy will convince them that the tech they found is in fact, old enough to put back into circulation...

:crazy:lololol, I need to get back to neutral without being inflamatory again... now that I have sufficiently pissed off both sides again... lololol:crazy:

·
Registered
676 Posts
kiddie pool?!?!?!?!?!?!??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:angry: :angry: :angry: :headbutt:

sith would have gold plated super pool, that legends the Heffs grotto in epicness

holding of ground is a good point

did the posters encourage YOU to join up on the Empires side?

·
Registered
676 Posts
lol, you guys both have the same veiw, for generally the same reason... its just that there is a difference somewhere though, so minute, so tiny it is almost impossible to see (so impossible that I know its there but cant see it). And it has you two bitchin at each other right now... lol :punish::punish::drinks::friends::sarcastichand::alcoholic::gimmefive::russianroulette::smoke: ?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think we can all agree that that was a childish and time-wating tangent, lwts all be freinds again and try to be civil, I know I was jsut joking around...

yea character match ups would be great

we can all be mature, besides everyone knows tha----------------

][
by order of the Inquisition, this user has been silenced and an exterminatus has been leveled against his, um, er, town... to supress the propogation of the imagery and ideals of the enemies of the Imperium of man​

·
Registered
676 Posts
listens to Apostles transmission*...
good plan,
they could never find, or even hope to destroy all of us...
(p.s. do NOT ask how I got out, nevermore, nevermore, nevermore...)

*quickly stashes pwer armour, and puts on Neo-Crusader armor*

·
Registered
676 Posts
yea, tnx DaemonsR'Us, now I feel like some sort of herk to... Daneel sent me the full math hammer, and took pert of a few of my suggestions... and U'r right, I gotta give props to Daneel for the hammer... it is pretty well the fulcrum of the inteligentside of the debating on this thread.

Oh, any luck on the stats for Mandalorians Daneel?

(edited for clarity)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts