Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was thinking last night as i watched star wars episode 3 and played soulstorm simultaniously what would happen if the Imperium and the Empire and or the Republic were to clash? like the Imperium during the Great Crusade and The Republic going head to head and the Imperium now going head to head with the Empire? how cool would that be? i mean shit talk about some huge fucking battles, especially Republic vs. Pre-Heresy Imperium. wow talk about brutal man. any thoughts on the matter? id personally like to see jedi go up against space marines, talk about one hell of a battle.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
ok i've been reading these posts so far and said nothing but now im going to step in. im a really big star wars fan, just as much as 40k, and believe me neither the Empire or the Republic are pussies as ive read from the posts so far. i do agree with those that say the Empire would lose, horribly, and this is becuase they simply do not have the resources of either the imperium or the republic. as for the republice need i remind everyone that there were NO stormtroopers their army was a bunch of clones that had elite stormtrooper status right when they hit the field of battle. the kaminoins were poppin these guys out in the millions. and then there's the confederation, nothing but bots guys they dont fear or hurt, another army that is being pumped out of factories all over the place. IF the Imperium were to meet that star wars era head to head i guarentee that the confederation and the republic would unite and quite truthfully be just as good if not better than the imperium. technology was not feared in star wars and need i remind everyone that they do have antigravity shit going on and that a lightsaber is NOT a power weapon thak you very much and would kill a space marine outright. that star wars era has way more technological advances than the imperium. as for the space battles looking cool doesnt mean shit. of all the 40k space battles ive heard the shields always get blown out after very few hits whereas starwars the shields are a bitch to get rid of AND there are different kinds of ships just like 40k that are specialized for different things. can you say death star laser that can kill a planet equipped on a large corellian republic cruiser? i can, instant death for ANY imperial ship to come that way AND on top of that they dont have to wait half a friggin hour to reload, it takes seconds at most. the amount of clones and droids that the republic could dish out would outnumber the amount of casualties tremendously and the weapons they carry arent horrible. a normal blaster round from a clone trooper or a droid is better than a lasrifle and would waste any guardsmen in its path. as for space marine legions thats another story. they arent invincible, the jedi order was GIGANTIC before palpatine took over and each was very powerful. yoda would not be killed he's just too damn good. on top of it even republic tanks have miny sheilds. do baneblades? no and the heavy beam cannons on each tank could rip through any imperial armor like paper. the clones are bred for battle and have no fear and extreme calm in any battlefield situation while the droids are....well droids and could manhandle a servitor. not the skiny droids but the super battle droids mind you. i think it would be very even. the space battles would most likely go to the republic while the ground battles would go either way. the imperium may have space marines and bolters but the republic has unending numbers in troops and not even space marines could hold up against thousands upon thousands upon thousands of blaster rounds. oh and we have wookies lol the empire would not fair so well they would most likely get their asses kicked to the curb. sorry darth but your screwed but as for master yoda and darth sidious they have put down their differences to kick some imperium ass. on a sidenote it has been mentioned in many star wars novels of the sith and jedi joining together because of a situation like this. ultimately my vote unfortunately would go to the Republic against both styles of Imperium, they have the government deal figured out perfectly they dont kill alien races cuz they arent human and that has added to much of their technology. So in my book Republic wins, im sorry for the long post but obviously im a big geek about star wars too so id thought i would eluminate you guys on why they arent the big pussies everyone thinks they are.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
thats exaclty what im trying to say about the clones and droids, they arent "battle hardened civilians" they are bred for war. that is their only purpose in life. im not saying the primarchs and their legions would get their asses handed to them all im saying is it would be pretty damn close and both sides would suffer massive casualties. ie a blaster round is not a laser it is a plasma round shot at high speeds, dont knock something down if you dont know the details. and the only reason leia took one in the shoulder is because it was a dumbed down version of what the clone troopers and droids used to use. the rifles the stormtroopers have are shit and they know it. as for yoda getting his ass kicked...eh i dont think tigurius would have it easy. the force is in essence like psychic powers and force lightning is just as powerful as anything tigurius could throw around, and yoda sucked that into his hand. i dont doubt that bolt rounds would not be able to be blocked because, like you said, they explode like grenades. both sides have ups and downs which is why it would be one hell of a fucking war. on a side note jedi are not as weak as people think. they have the ability to warp time, crush minds, increase their strength and amount of damage they can take and many others. as for the sith they can create shields made of the force around themselves making it almost impossible to kill them and they have force lightning, can drain the life out of someone from up close or far away, the sith are usually assassins and force choke and invisibility come in handy for that and all jedi and sith have the ability, if they train, to become "force ghosts" when they die. these are the actual jedi/sith but made completely of the force. their powers increase exponentially and they can still weild lightsabers and the like. oh and i forgot you cant kill them:biggrin:

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
so can the empire or the republic. each can call upon trillions of PEOPLE. butthe empire and republic are more tech savy and also have multiple alien species with different attributes to add to the mix too. it would be like the imperium being able to call upon the tau and eldar in a time of need. just read what dirge said about the empire, the republic is like that but with billions of more troops and machines.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
totally forgot about the mandalorians. those guys are hard fucking core

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
i think truthfully the eldar and jedi would get along. i mean its not like every friggin jedi is a human and even then they hold many tenents that the eldar do, at least the farseers. i could see eldrad and yoda getting along perfectly fine.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
i still think the empire would win. you cant win land battles if you cant land the troops and you need ships for that people. AND any imperial fleet that did manage to send off thunderhawks and drop pods would be disintegrated leaving the ground forces vulnerable to air attacks. also the ground to air defences in SW are much more superior just by nature of the tech and very few ships would make it to the surface unless they landed miles away and by that time the planet's defenders would have already had more than enough time to prepare.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
ok i have to say something about these damn ewok comments. the ewoks DID NOT overhtrow the whole empire. Daneel was right they played a big role in a very tiny battle. Vader did kill the Emperor but the Empire still limped on. little teddy bears did not bring down a galaxy spanning empire people. even once the rebels "won" there are still systems that are being held by the Empire, read the books. i swear im going to flip out if i hear another post saying that ewoks took down the Empire.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
calm down Angel of Retribution no need to get heated. i cant find the book right now but i know i have it somewhere in the dump that's my room. so once i finish getting rid of the orks that have grown in there ill let you know:) also id like to agree on what azrael jahanamm said about the jedi. they are not space marines and therefore cannot be compared to them because of course they would not be able to hold up to a librarian in some circumstances others they could. think of them as an elites choice not an actual race like the space marines. they would be more like sergeants persay, one to a squad. as for the sith they would be less in number but way more powerful than the normal jedi. they are like special characters because there arent armies of jedi or sith. vader is actually a lot quicker and more powerful than the mechanical sith lord we all see in thte movies and he frequented battles often. each side has different strengths and weaknesses that, i think, even out the keel for the whole scenario making it difficult to announce an immediate winner. the war would have to be played out for us to actually know but it would be hell for a very LONG time, methinks much like what the imperium is in today, nonstop conflict for both sides. i can just see stormtroopers and imperial guard/space marines battling on the wortorn planet of Mygeeto with guns blazing and tie fighters running strafing runs while marines rip troopers apart with bare hands. meanwhile Darth Vader personally leads the assault on Cadia, Leman Russ tanks duke it out with the hovering grav tanks of the Empire while Vader slaughters all in is path guard and marine alike.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
i believe the SW univeres' main weapon in this battle would be their ability to adapt tech very quickly. the first few battles would be tough with most of it being fought in space but after they get the asses handed to them on the ground once or twice they would adapt VERY quickly and them woh betide the space marine that gets hit by a rail gun that shuts down his armor and melts through it! i can just see Vader standing over mephiston who is on his knees fighting to breath while his throat is crushed by Vader's force choke. talk about dramatic picture right there. meanwhile behind them you see Stormtroopers in a new bulkier set of armor letting loose with rail guns and Darktroopers jetpacking over the battlefield doing whatever they do lol GO VADER!

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 · (Edited)
Vader- eerie breathing as he watches mephiston die

Mephiston- "choke choke choke....For...the...EMPEROR!" he brings his force blade up in an attempt to disembowl Vader. Vader, with a flick of his wrist, nealty slices off mephiston's hand at the wrist with his lightsaber and the blade drops to the floor.

Vader- " I am done with you." He clenches his fist. Mephiston gasps as he feels his windpipe crushed and then his lungs and soon his hearts follow, popping like fresh fruits under a grox's foot. Mephiston's lifeless body topples to the ground as his ruptured body weeps rivers of blood. Vader looks up from the corpse and strides away.

Fett leaps behind a fallen column as lasfire rips towards him. four other mandalorians crouch beside him, his command squad. He smiles at his second in command Jarel,"Tenacious arent they?" Jarel laughed as did the rest of his squad.

Fett- "Lets finish this." Jarel tossed a handful of thermal detonators over the column. they heard a loud bang and screams and leapt over the column blasters blazing.

Colonel Creg of the Krieg regiment watched from his point on the battlefield as the mandalorians picked his men apart piece by bloody piece. he saw a squad vault over a fallen column and slaughter a squad of his men. they had broken through his men's defences and he snorted as he watched them sweep through the breaches with stormtroopers quickly behind like an endless tide with whole squads equipped with jetpacks flying over tanks and pillboxes and dropping charges on them from above or ripping through imperial gaurd with their blasters. he checked the charge on the lasrifle he had taken from a fallen trooper. he looked at the men behind him, "FOR THE EMPEROR!" he cried and ran down the hill towards the tide of men firing from the hip. his men were suddenly with him and keeping pace until one on his right was blasted of his feet. a plasma blast killed a score of stormtroopers who died screaming as they melted. but that was the end he was hit in the gut and he spun as he fell. he watched his men get ripped to shreds. a mandalorian walked up and picked up the plasma gun, he turned to the trooper behind him, "take this to command." the trooper nodded and ran off. the mandalorian knelt beside him, his squad keeping a respectful distance away. "Does it hurt?" Creg caughed up blood, "Faceless bastard." Fett sighed and took his helmet off revealing his face to the colonel who tried to push himself away in fear. "This is what a Sarlaac's stomach acid can do to you Colonel." Colonel Creg spat in disgust and fear at the Mandalorian's hideously scared face and pitifully missed. the Mandalorian laughed as he put his helmet back on, "We're finished." and then shot him in the head.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 · (Edited)
Commander Tyreel watched Master Yoda carefully. the old jedi master twitched and almost toppled over. "Coruscant has fallen..." The commander was about to respond when a hollogram flickered on showing Lord Vader's form. "Has the Imperium taken the bait Commander?" The clone commander swallowed he still didnt like the idea of fighting side by side with the Sith and the Empire but it had to be done. "Yes they have bombed Coruscant just as predicted." millions dead and just for a feint even for him it was hard to swallow. "Good.." said Vader, "The Cadian Gate has fallen to the Empire, The Emperor will be pleased. Me and my men will rendezvous with you at Ultramar Commander." and then the hologram died. the Galactic Alliance's fleets met on the outskirts of Ultramar to find heavy resistence. Commander Tyreel met with Lord Vader on his personal flagship the Executioner. "Commander i have altered our plans, no planet is to be left alive. We do not need to waste our men, we will simply bombard each planet from existence until we reach Macragge." Commander Tyreel nodded his head, "Then we show these Ultramarines what our engineers have cooked up for them." Vader turned his head to look fully at the commander, it was the most horrifying senseless look he had ever seen, "Indeed commander." The skies of Macragge were full of burning ship debris falling from space and lancing fire from the star destroyers that had come low to the planet to provide air support. Commander Tyreel fired his new Rail Gun at a space marine who was charging at him gun blazing. the bright round tore into the marine and immediately shut down his armor before completely melting his insides. He checked the HUD on his vsor to see how the battle was going elsewhere. On his right he could see Master Yoda in the distance leaping between space marines, cutting off heads and disembowling others. On his left Lord Vader was striding through bolter fire, each round coming close to hitting him but never even touching him. He cut off a marine's arms and grabbed his helmet and tore it off. he put his hand over the marine's head and suddenly a red lightning began to creep from the marine's head to Vader's body. Force Drain, thought Tyreel. the marine aged in a matter of seconds and fell over a dead husk of what he used to be. Vader, filled with the marine's lifeforece, bounded across the battlefield with renewed vigor and cut down all in his path as he made his way towards a towering marine with huge power fists.

p.s. i agree with you and jango fett's fate. i think both fetts got killed off to easily and too fast, but in the books they definately live longer and it explains why what happened happened. in one book it states that boba does survive the sarlaac by using a thermal detonator and he is found burned and scared in the desert by another bounty hunter who takes him in and takes care of him. as for jango he was a broken man by the time he got killed which is a total bummer. i love the mandalorians though they are hard fucking core.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
indeed he was freaking tight, a tragedy really, but then agains mace windu was a damn good fighter but i think jango didnt care anymore.
dont go anywhere people cuz im going to bed but i will be back tommorrow and we will continue this battle of ages.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Tyreel wathces in horror as Vader is torn to pieces by almost naked women. he turns to locate yoda and sees him heading a small squad of jedi masters racing towards what looked to be a large temple. Tyreel let loose his jetpack, his squad following, to give the jedi support. as they get closer the resistence gets more and more fanatical the marines throwing themselves to their deaths, to protect what thought Tyreel. suddenly there was a flash of light and one of the jedi was lifted into the air and his body was crushed as if by a giant fist. "Focus your fire on the librarian!" shouted Tyreel. the librarian bellowed a challenge to the reest of the jedi but they all stepped back with the exception of master yoda. the ancient jedi limped forward and bowed "Die you must" and with that he flung himself at the librarian. Even Tyreel with his enhanced senses could not follow the battle such was the speed and ferocity. suddenly yoda's lightsaber was stuck in the marine's chest puncturing one of his hearts but before the jedi master could pull it out a huge fist knocked him off his chest. as the old jedi pulled himself up the rest of them hurled themselves at the librarian who, although gravely injured, killed all but two of them who then proceeded to cut him to pieces. Tyreel and his squad rushed further into the temple and pulled up short at the sight in front of them. "Patch me through to the Emperor and Kaminoans, we have found a primarch."

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
wow what happened to my thread? so to get it started again the Imperium would take a fat Empire cock in the mouth and then when SW was done with them they would shoot them in the head...hopefully that gets people started. i liked the story telling thing going on too

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 · (Edited)
--------------

][

By the order of the Inquisition of His Holy Name this user has been silen......---------------Hello?-------Is anyone there? This is Black Apos----ilhelm------This signal is very weak and i don------ch time so listen caref---y-----The war has laready begun-----d we are stuck-----middle----The Inquisition has at-----silence us but------failed------I have-----rescued by-----alorian cruiser on the o----rim of-----ky way------We MUST choose sides now or else al------ost------I have be-----my own ar----nd weapons-----the----erium has forsaken me-----did ten--------usand---ago---------------Empire has not------choose quickly my fr----or you will-----lost--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

----------------------ther Daneel--------are you there?----------thi----s urgent------ire has need-----one on the inside------i emplore you to ai-----in this----erate time-------nd any others who would fi---------nst the Imperium of Man-----------end trans-------to the Mand------uiser Advent----------will be waiting-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END TRANSMISSION

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
as everyone made their way to the Empire's transports on Macragge the Ultramarines stood rooted to the ground in shock of what they just heard. all was eerily quite until the sound of blaster fire came from the Temple of Correction followed by a mounstrous roar of anger. six jet troopers flew out of the entrance of the temple, one with a vial full of flesh in his hand, firing their weapons on full auto. four jedi bounded out of the temple racing for the nearest transport. nobody expected to see what happened next, with a roar of anger Roboute Guilliman, primarch of the Ultramarines, ran through the entrance to the temple. "My sons! Kill these traitors!" the space marines obeyed without question and immediately opened fire on the storm and clone troopers. the Empire's forces, realizing their fake spell had been broken on their enemies, shot down those that were heading towards the transports. thousands of gaurdsmen and battle sisters died within the first few minutes as the transports picked up the last troopers and made their way back to their parent ships. a voice came over the speakers "This is Commander Tyreel, we have retreived what we had come here for. Let us pull our forces back before Guilliman can rally his forces and realize what is transpiring." The Emperor sat back on his throne and awaited Tyreel and Fett's communiques. Tyreel's came first, "Emperor Palpatine we have retrieved a piece of the primarch's flesh as commanded for the genolabs and the kaminoans unfortunately the primarch has awakened." Palpatine "Good work commander see to it personally that the sample gets to its destination." Tyreel "Yes sir, Tyreel out." Fett's Face came across the screen "Lord Palpatine Coruscant has fallen i request permission to rejoin my forces at Mygeeto and make my way to Caliban. We have been getting reports that the lost primarchs are returning. Caliban and the Lion are closest to Mygeeto and we would be needed there the most." Palpatine nodded "Permission granted General you may go." Fett's brow furrowed "Sir one last thing....what should we do about the other primarchs that have returned? Such as Russ, Corax, Vulcan ans Guilliman?" Palpatine grinned "Do not worry about them my friend, now go."

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Everyone on the the Mandalorian Battlecruiser Advent was quite, as if by saying anything they would give away their position to the Dark Angels. Fett had made a rendezvous with his fleet and made haste to Caliban. so far the spec. ops team of eight clones and four assassin droids had not been detected, and the information they had been sending back to the fleet at the edge of the system was tenfold. the team was hiding within The Rock itself, the inside of the base filled with much less light and monitering equipment then the pillboxes and such on its outer walls. so far they had found out that The Lion had awoken three days ago and immediately made way to Luther's chambers and upon entering had not come out since. apparently he had been informed somehow of what was happening and had given the order to prepare his chapter for war. As Fett and the rest of his new command squad watched the hologram battle droids, clones, and mandalorians were being readied for the upcoming battle. the camera that was feeding them this image was connected to a mando sniper's HUD and so Fett could see what he and his team saw. suddenly three figures walked into the courtyard that the team was watching. "The man in the middle, who is that. Vorbe can you get a closer look?" "Yes sir." the image on the screen magnified greatly to show the upper half of the marines' bodies. "Azrael and the leaders of the Raven Wing and Deathwing?" "Aye" came Vorbe's response "Shall we take their heads sir?" Fett thougt about the reprecussions of what could happen if they did. it would most certainly cripple the Dark Angels but so far the Empire had failed in most ground assualts anyways so losing these three men wouldnt be THAT much of problem for the Dark Angels, would it? Killing them would also give away the team's position and they would not be able to be picked up for extraction later, also if tey stayed quite they could gather more information. Fett made his decision "No Vorbe stay quite, this is a recon objective not assassination." "Yes sir." Azrael and the leader of the Raven Wing walked away deep in conversation while the terminator just stood there looking at the stars. Vorbe's voice came across again "Sir?" Fett's heart was racing now "Wait till you know for sure that the other two have gone and them do it. Get the droids to get rid of his body when your done." "Yes sir." Vorbe's targeting display came up on his HUD as it locked on to the terminator captain's exposed head. a dark purple beam flew across the courtyard and disintigrated the captain's head. the huge body stood there for a moment before toppling over. immediately the droids raced to go pick the body up to be disintegrated elsewhere. one droid tossed the marine over its shoulder and ran off while the others gave it cover. as they ran the captain's helm came off his belt and fell onto the grass. Fett smiled "They will be hurting without their great leader of the Deathwing. Vorbe get to someplace safer and more discreet once you have finished setting up the chameleon cameras." "Yes sir, we had made ourselves a nice little hole in the wall about one hundred feet up in one of the stone walls of the hallways, dug ourselves a little cave in the rock we did." Vorbe said with a chuckle. Fett shook his head, Vorbe was always a little out there but he was damn good. "Did you already set up the audio recorder o Luther's chambers?" "Yes sir but it will not send the feed to you or us until the conversation is done, im sure you understand the ramifications?" "I do Fett out." He just hoped they could gather enough information here to help the rest of the fleets. The Dark Angels would see their planet destroyed a second time very soon....Fett smiled at the thought.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
you guys need to read the posts that Daneel has put up, he actually did the MATH behind this thing. applause to him cuz i dont know about you guys but even though math is very accurate in determining the winner and such i do hate it much so congrats to him once again. in all truth i am a traitor so this war really would just present many opportunities for my men and i. it would weaken the imperium and divert their forces so my grand company and i and the other traitor legions could just walk through and open door to almost any planet they want. and the new SW faction provides for new stuff to steal such as technology and humans for new chaos marines and menials and to turn to chaos so i really dont care who wins just as long as the war is very long so i can strike at the imperium while stealing from the Empire and manipulating them. GLORY TO CHAOS!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts