Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 379 Posts

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was thinking last night as i watched star wars episode 3 and played soulstorm simultaniously what would happen if the Imperium and the Empire and or the Republic were to clash? like the Imperium during the Great Crusade and The Republic going head to head and the Imperium now going head to head with the Empire? how cool would that be? i mean shit talk about some huge fucking battles, especially Republic vs. Pre-Heresy Imperium. wow talk about brutal man. any thoughts on the matter? id personally like to see jedi go up against space marines, talk about one hell of a battle.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
meh, I dunno about that. Would jedi light sabres just be like power weapons and "the force" be like psyker abilities? Given that there's no bolters and mostly lasers in star wars, I would think they'd get their butt kicked by the Imperium.......as long as we're not counting the Imperial guard here. Then it's kind of like guys with flashlights vs guys with flashlights and power weapons.

·
Registered
420 Posts
the clone troopers would basically be IG storm troopers with a cooler uniform. as for the jedi isnt the force manipulation of energy or something? im not really sure but definatly not the warp. lightsaber vrs marine armor meh power weapon.
heres how jedi stats would go with me
jedi knight
ws-6
bs-5
s-3
t-3
w-2
i-6
ld-9
sv-5+
attks-4
jedi master
ws-7
bs-6
s-3
t-3
w-3
i-7
ld-10
sv-4+
attks-5
both with a 6+ invloulrable save cus of their werid force shield or insand sences.... something like that
for shooting i was thinking they could throw thier lightsabers. 18in s-5 ap-2 -assault 2
these rules are just off the top of my head but you got me thinking now and how awesome it would be to see a jedi modle on the table surrounded by clone troopers being charged by marines. let the bloodshed begin!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I've gotta think the Imperium would wipe the floor. I mean, I'm just going by feel, mind, but the Imperium seems a whole hell of a lot bigger than the Republic. Could be wrong here, but the scales seem completely different between both sets of fluff.

Oh, and Alpha-plus level psykers sound much, much more powerful than even the strongest Jedi...just something to consider.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I keep getting this image in my head of a jedi knight trying to take on a space marine Librarian... A few blows are exchanged.... Jedi speed being equaled by veil of time... until the Librarian get really angry and pops the Jedi's head with either the warp... or one of his bare hands...

But seriously... I'm not sure about the size of the empire vs size of the Imperium as I am no Star Wars buff, but when you watch the movie... doesn't a Space Marine Battle Barge look a hell of alot more intimidating than a Star Destroyer? And, those piddly little lasers on the faces of those ATAT Imperial war walkers seem pretty pathetic compared to the volcano cannon for example strapped to the arm of A raging metal war God (Titan anyone?). Not to mention the Imperium is constantly wracked by wars, its citizen base are crazy bastards to start out with, the imperial guard toughened by milenia of tireless combat, they already seem a match for crack Empire Storm Troopers, without brining in the space marines... and the sisters of battle... and what happens when the assassinorum is unleashed on the Empire?... how long would their leaders remain alive with Vindicares stealthily preparing to deal out an inglorious death from a balcony a kilometer away? Or callidus assassins within their midst? not to mention culexus... *shudder*. I can imagine the look on a jedi's face just before getting shot to pieces when he realizes that his force isn't working due to the eversor/random non-assassin trained untouchable a few meters away. And the inquisition..... I'm pretty sure they would make Palpatine sweat. And what of the death star? the destroyer of worlds? Well... Isn't exterminatus pretty 'normal' in the Imperium when a planet is beyond redemption? It doesn't blow up the world usually, no. But when the entire world is burnt to a crisp by firestorms and obliterated of all life by a hundred viral agents... I just get this image of a generally peaceful empire being speared right through by a diamond hard war weathered civilization that knows no peace... Hell, imagine the reaction of the Star Wars Empire when they meet the other kids on the block other than the Imperium... Want to see A storm trooper sh** itself? Show it a giant crimson armored Khorn Berzerker, chainaxe screaming, baying for blood and skulls... Bloodletters popping into existence... Or even the Dark eldar... their depraved minds dedicated to misery and torture... I think they would be packing up and moving a couple galaxies over after one peak at the orks.... And the Imperium is fighting against all of these every day, dieing, screaming, bleeding, struggling, and holding them back, a daily life struggle for an entire civilization... No... I do not believe it would be a war... The first few battles would be brutal... but from then on... it would be a rampaging slaughter... Broken men screaming and sh**ting themselves as they are lifted high, impaled on the ends of rending Eviscerators, high over the head of zealous, faith crazed Repentia, bathing in the blood and entrails raining upon their upturned rapturous faces. Men crying as they rock back and forth, clutching themselves as they weather precise and merciless Imperial artillery bombardments, only to meet their end on the bayonets of grim faced guardsmen who has seen the face of hell and lived to continue onwards, knowing they are just a fragment of trillions of others... hardened by the horrors of a universe of bloodshed. And annihilated by the armored angels of death who walk through the hail of laser fire like gods through rain, their mighty bolters singing praises to the emperor with every ear piercing shot, each mass-reactive round penetrating thin white armor like paper, detonating within fragile flesh to turn men into twitching piles of bloody flesh, only to be trod upon by the great soles of the pinnacles of mankind, running before the disciplined fire and the oh so implacable and expressionless helmets that bay forth challenge and praise to the Emperor. Before the relentless Imperial fleets... The numberless Guardsmen... The fear invoking and immense tanks... The zealous and fanatical Adeptus Sororitas... And the Fearless, superhuman elite Adeptus Astartes... They would fall...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
t as for the jedi isnt the force manipulation of energy or something? im not really sure but definatly not the warp.
Microscopic bacterium in the bloodstream called midochlorian (lol, robot chicken :grin: ) Nah, I was just making comparisons to say that the imperium has psykers that draw power from the warp, the equivalent thing for star wars would be the force.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My guess is the medochlorians draw from the warp, then allow the organism to use it. I'm sure once the Imperium figures out how to grow cultures of it like the Republic failed to do they'll have a heyday making home-brewed psykers... Though 40K fluff seems to indicate it's an evolutionary advancement of the brain rather than fungus in the blood.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yeah, the 40k fluff said that psykers emerged through mutations in human evolution.

(heh, i just thought it was rather funny, i get a star wars costumes ad while viewing this thread)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Star Wars would get dragged through the dirt by the Imperium. Or Chaos. Or the Tryranids. Or Tau. Maybe the Eldar. Definitely the Orks.

I mean star wars is great, but I've always thought of Warhammer 40k as a pumped-up, hardcore, steroid abusing, heavy metal version of Star Wars.

Just think of 1 space marine vs. a Jedi. The jedi will do a back flip over the space marine, then get a chainsword right up his azz.

·
Señor Member
563 Posts
I think they'd be evenly matched...until the Space Marines turned up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its stupid to compare. I mean anyone can make overpowered things. Just ignore the fact that most of the 40k stuff is god modding and alot of it is would be redundant in warfare..such as the baneblade.

·
Registered
117 Posts
ok i was thinking last night as i watched star wars episode 3 and played soulstorm simultaniously what would happen if the Imperium and the Empire and or the Republic were to clash? like the Imperium during the Great Crusade and The Republic going head to head and the Imperium now going head to head with the Empire? how cool would that be? i mean shit talk about some huge fucking battles, especially Republic vs. Pre-Heresy Imperium. wow talk about brutal man. any thoughts on the matter? id personally like to see jedi go up against space marines, talk about one hell of a battle.
It's never going to happen, Warhammer 40,000 is set in the future and Star Wars is set in the past "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."...

·
Registered
163 Posts
AzraelJahannam, you scare me, your completely right but wow you really made sure i got the point.

i think it would be really kl to see a set battle between them and i imagine it would be really kl to see the jedi flipping everywhere dealing death to those flashlight wielding fools but remember that jedi are even rarer than space marines and one on one you gotta give the fight to the marines

·
Registered
94 Posts
imperium for sure. they had primarchs in he great crusade. and aaaaa huge number of space marines. the imperium would win. although it would be epic!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think the republic would have a decent chance against the imperium. Sure, they would most likely lose, but the thing about both universes is that none of the characters have a set level of skills/strength. Space marines seem very powerful in fluff, but they're not nearly as strong on the tabletop. Meanwhile, jedi are sometimes shown doing very little damage and being killed rather easily while other times they are shown destroying massive armies, killing monster 100 times their size, and doing other insane things. Yoda could probably kill all of the primarchs easily, but one of those easily-killed backround character jedi could probably be killed by a 5-man space marine scout squad.

Both armies have advantages and disadvantages. The Imperium has numbers and space marines, while the Republic has jedi and doesn't have 10 armies attacking them at once. If it was the Empire fighting against the Imperium, then the Imperium would likely lose, since the empire has like a dozen super weapons capable of destroying entire fleets/planets/solar systems.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't think so...if SW and WH40k should meet, the empire would be squashed with ease (lets not forget stormtrooper accuracy or rather lack of) and the fact that every race in 40k is bred or at least entirelly used to war. Im sure space marines find it hard to sleep without the sound of bolters going off. The empire got its arse kicked by a bunch of rebels which was totally stupid, so them lasting against the marines or imperial guard or anyone else is nigh impossible. As for the rebellion or new republic all they got is luck and luck can't last against a few billion bolter rounds...

Go Marines!!!

1 - 20 of 379 Posts