Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just saw this German movie yesterday not long after hearing about it. (The entire flick is on Youtube). Basically, it follows a group of German soldiers in WW2 through their experiences at the infamous Battle of Stalingrad through the harsh winter. It is said to be quite realistic aside from a lot of fictional characters and various props not actually used in the battle.

In my opinion it's worth a watch, as seeing the battle through the Germans eyes is rather interesting but it did have several drawbacks. Mostly because it could have benefited from a larger budget and the acting could have been a bit better. Though I didn't let those two things get in the way. In the end, I did enjoy it and recommend it to anyone interested. Yet it certainly doesn't qualify as an all time favorite in my book.

Just keep in mind that if you don't speak German, I suggest finding a subtitled version. Since it's illegal to post movies on youtube, I won't be linking it though it isn't too hard to find it yourself of course.

Anyone else see this?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
It's been out for years dubbed in English. I actually like it very much, though I would have liked to see a bit more street fighting. The end is heart-breaking. :(
I loved it when the sergeant got his medal 'revoked'!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think it's a great movie if one of the most depressing I've ever seen. If you look closely, you'll see that some of the sewer scenes are identical to the ones in the first Call of Duty game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts