Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Racket Sports

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I was thinking that people into hobbies such as ours have a reputation for being somewhat geeky and not very sporty. I was wondering just how true this is. So, in the poll I tried to cover most of the sports from the geographic regions largely represented on these boards, ie Europe, N. America and Australasia. Feel free to mention anything I missed.

Personally, I play rugby, and have dabbled in various martial arts for many years.

Edit: I just realised that you can only vote for one option, and people may partake in several sports, so just mentions it in your post.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I played soccer for many years. I played rugby, martial arts, track and field as well as competitive weight lifting for a few years.

Now I'm like Unforgiven and just go for the competitive drinking.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Play alot of Football. The real football, you know the one where you use your foot, hence the name. What you play is Rugby with armour plating ^^

Like a bit of Cricket now and then. Judo, MMA, Sprinting, Squash, Snowboarding, Climbing and more Football round it off.

·
Registered
191 Posts
eh i played both american and british football but i personal like american football better.

Have a great one

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Mountain biking (downhill and freeride), Skating (though not a lot anymore).

Not really a sport but i also do freestyle nunchaku and a few other kobudo weapons.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Baseball, football (the real football where we knock the shit out of each other) and bowling.
I didn't know that American's watched the Championship or the Nationwides? I thought you watched all that American Turtle Mating stuff?

=D

I play Football (Soccer, Fist? Vaz am disappoint), RU, RL, Boxing, Golf, Running, Hockey (not ice) and I swim.

Other stuff is also scuba, sports jumping and rock climbing. I would mountaineering, but I hate it.

Edit - Aww, come on. To be fair, Andy Fordham is a legend. And he also did lose shit loads of weight -

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Football, did wrestling, dabbled in other martial arts

now i just do flip cup a lot (sucks at beer pong :()

·
Registered
545 Posts
Where is the FUCKING Lacrosse button!
RAAAARGH!!!!

I play soccer. jj I play lacrosse.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I take MMA and i'll get my black belt in about a year.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I took Sports as one of my main subjects in school, that should be answer enough..

Due to that I have done a lot of the above, though I take active part in Football, Rugby and Boxing when I have the time to do so. Wouldn't it have been easier just to put Boxing, Martial Arts ect under Combat Sports though?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I have, at various times, played soccer, baseball, wrestled, thrown shot and disc, and played football (you know, the manly game where we hit twice as hard as those rugby tossers).

These days, mostly the competitive drinkin'.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cricket, best game ever old chap!
Such a good game you can play it anywhere! From the moon to a small box which is upside down and wet...
I dont play it big but just every Friday and Sunday Night! :)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I do all sports whenever I get the chance to be honest. I'm also a freerunner, which isn't technically a sport...Oh and I cycle everywhere.

I spend most of my time doing sport, which is why the 'geeks are lazy' stereotype annoys me, even if it is true to a certain extent :/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Voted for athletics, I have tried almost all the sports on the list. I am getting more into the outdoor solo sports; rock climbing, trail running, kayaking, and starting to learn how to do all the swim forms. One thing I have started recently and loving it is weight lifting, getting gains weekly and its just motivating as everything.

-Varica

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
American Football played for 10 years, almost made a college team but my grades. damn D's. i also played baseball 11 years same situation could have made college but i got to many D's. and i wrestled but i only played for 4 years it was just a bridge sport between football and baseball just to make sure i didnt get weak for baseball. god its only been a year since highschool has been out and i miss football and baseball so much. now all i do is sit at home work out in my garage paint 40K models and masturbate. i know masterbating is gay but my girlfriend doesnt put out. shes Mormon...So am i though im just not the best one. I dont drink or smoke though.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Indoor Cricket. Champion sport. Have taken up cycling in th last 6 months. Cross country and a bit of freeride/downhill. Not seriously into the last two as the bike upgrade would kill me financially. I clock up about 100-150km a week.
Varakir, what do you ride? I have an old 2003 norco vps.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts