Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to adapt to the new Tyranid rules and this one came up in a game the other day. I bought 6 of the buggers and as I read the rules Orbital Deployment means that I can deep strike them onto the board after sides have been selected and before units have been placed. So I can deep strike them all over my opponents side of the board? how much distance does he/she need to keep from my mines? 2" general and 12"-18" if infiltrating?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
yep in dawn of war this really messes up there deployment

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You have it down to a tea. They have to remain far enoguth away to stop it blowing up instandly and in Dawn of War they have to be more than 18" away....which often means they can't deploy anything and it has to arrive first turn...really screws up scouts and other heavy weapons.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
You have it down to a tea. They have to remain far enoguth away to stop it blowing up instandly and in Dawn of War they have to be more than 18" away....which often means they can't deploy anything and it has to arrive first turn...really screws up scouts and other heavy weapons.
Actually you're wrong about the blowing up thing.
You can't voluntarily move within 1" of an enemy model, which the Spore Mine is, so there's a 1" radius around them you can't place your dudes in.
However, the 2" proximity thing only occurs at the end of a Movement phase, ANY Movement phase, even your enemy's one.

They do really fuck up Infiltrators, and the enemy in general in Dawn of War.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts