Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I am very new to 40k. I recently purchased the Ork codex as I have always been a fan of the boys in Green. This is my first attempt at a list. Basically I am just trying to get an idea of what models I should buy. Anyway here it is.

HQ
Warboss - eavy armour, PK, bosspole, cybork body, Da finking kap, warbike - 134
Big Mek - eavy armour, KFF, PK, bosspole - 119

Troops
20 x Boyz - shoota, Nob, PK, bosspole - 180
10 x Gretchin, 1 runtherd - 35

Elites
5 x Nobz - eavy armour, Boss Nob, 3 x big choppa, 2 x PK, bosspole - 175
in truck - 30
(Rides with Big Mek)

Fast attack
7 x warbikers - Nob, PK, - 161
(Rides with Warboss)
7 x warbikes - Nob, PK, bosspole - 166

Total: 1000

I like the speed freaks theme, but I am pretty flexible as I like most of the ork models.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of waaaghing!!! speed freaks are great to use.

If you have the warboss on a bike no need to take Eavy armour he gets a 4+ from the bike

You need to give the troops a ride. I would find the points to get your 20 boys a battlewagon. The grots I don't get I would drop them and get small unit of orks with a trukk.

Instead of Nobs in a trukk you may want to look into Nob bikers to ride with the warboss. More expensive but way more lethal.
Make them extra durable and include a pain boy to give them feel no pain saves.

If you keep the nobs in a trukk give them a waaagh banner always good.

Other than Klaws you have no way to hit hard stuff you may want to look into a couple of deffkoptas or even better a couple of rokkit buggies cheap and twin link rokkits are always good.

Good luck and happy waaaghing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks heaps for the reply. I thought about your recommendations and I altered the list quite a bit. I really want to include that bikers as I already have the models.
I think this list is better but I'm not sure about the Psyker. I could drop him and free up some points to get a generic Battle wagon for the shoota boyz.
Please tell me if you think this list will hold together under fire.
Cheers

HQ

Warboss, PK, bosspole, bike, Da finking cap - 125
Weirdboy level 2 - 70

Troops

12 x Slugga boyz, Nob, Bosspole, PK, truck with ram - 152
Same again - 152
20 x shoota boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole - 180
(Weirdboy rides with this unit)

Elites

4x Nobs on warbikes, Waagh Banner - 200

Fast attack

Deffkopta - 30
4x Rokkit Buggies - 100

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I think this list is better but I'm not sure about the Psyker. I could drop him and free up some points to get a generic Battle wagon for the shoota boyz.
Yes if you are going to go speed freaks go all in have everything fast and mobile. So a battlewagon for the boyz is a yes. When I run speed freaks everything is fast moving. Bikes, buggies, koptas, stormboyz, trukks, battlewagons, looted wagons, jets all good stuff for a speed freak to use.

I am just trying to figure out why you want Da Fikkin Cap on your boss? Da lukky stikk seems like the right choice since it looks like he is meant for CC. If you took the lucky stikk you would not need to take the waaagh banner since both act almost the same. This would get you a PK for one of the biker nobs giving you two in that group.

Just keep in mind tactics are very important when it comes to ork armies surviving and winning games. Just running them straight at the enemy is the best way to get your army blasted off the board. So as long as you are kunning but brutal or is that brutal but kunnning this army can take a lot of punishment but all deliver a good amount as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts