Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speed freeks

My first attempt at a speed freeks list, feel free to be harsh. Cheers!!

HQ
Warboss: PK, BP. 90
Big mek: KFF. 85

ELITES
5 Nobs, 3 have big choppas and PK. 140 (be running with the war boss in a trukk)
3 Nob bikers: PK, BP, 2 Big choppas. 175

TROOPS
12 boyz With Nob, big Choppa and BP. 92 (will be in a trukk)
12 boyz With Nob, big Choppa and BP. 92 (will be in a trukk)
12 boyz With Nob, PK and BP 112. (will be in a trukk)
11 boyz with Nob, PK and BP 106 (mek will run with these, will also be in a trukk)
Trukk: armour plates. 45
Trukk: armour plates 45

FAST ATTACK
6 warbikers with Nob, PK and BP 190

TOTAL : 1497

·
Registered
221 Posts
here's something fun for you.

the nobz are troops because you have a warboss.

Change the 5 nobz to more nob bikerz and make the Warboss a nob biker. you will get more out of that unit, and it will be troops as mentioned before... they wrok, it also means removing a trukk.

Boyz in trukk are fine (except remove the big choppaz, they are crap, PK's are the only way to go... find the points). However if you can find room in this list for battle wagons instead of trukks it will be far more competitive. As trukks are, to quote myself, "ork wrapping paper". Wagons also get a deff rolla which is phenomenal. I recommend removing some war bikers for them. It is ok though because you are adding more nob bikers which are infinitely more effective anyway.

Quick tip. Make every nob biker unique, so when they get wounded you can spread them however you wish.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Well with all the trukks and the the bikes you can still be hard to deal with but you will probably lose a trukk or two right off the start. Otherwise I agree with Tossy change the nobs and the boss to bikers they will last long in the game and be a bigger threat to your opponent. Right now the boss and nobs are not that deadly in CC nobody has armour so everyone would be at 6+ save.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the tips guys. I have changed the list taking into account your suggestions. Tell me what you think cheers!!

HQ
Warboss: PK, BP, warbike. 130

ELITES
5 Nob warbikers: 2 have big choppas, PK, BP, twin-linked shoota and a painboy. 295 (could some one please tell me because im not sure; are you allowed to have a painboy on a warbike??)

TROOPS
12 boyz With Nob, PK and BP. 112 (will be in a trukk)
11 boyz with Nob, PK and BP 106 (mek will run with these, will also be in a trukk)

FAST ATTACK

TOTAL : 1497

·
4,491 Posts
Mix your Nobz together.

Consider Battlewagons over Trukks.
If not, then drop the Plates off the Trukks.

Consider dropping the Warbikes to fit in some Lootas.
You are really lacking in ranged firepower.
If the opponent is all loaded up in Rhinos, how are you going to bust them open?
If you charge it and blow it up with a PK, then you will get rapid fired on and lose the unit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you are indeed allowed painboyz in bikes.

why are your nob bikers in 2 units, make them 1 and mix up their weapons, that includes taking off big choppas on some as they are crap anyway?

also, 1 of you nob biker units are troops.
the reason there in two is because their is more targets for the enemy to fire at and their alot more versatile in smaller groups trust me. Also the warboss is running with the 3 nob biker squad, and big choppas are not crap they take Nobs up to strength 7 on the charge mostly wounding on a 2 plus.

Also KingOfCheese thanks for your advice, how about these changes with some extra fire power.

HQ
Warboss: PK, BP, warbike. 130

ELITES
5 Nob warbikers: 2 have big choppas, PK, BP, twin-linked shoota and a painboy. 295

10 Lootas 150

TROOPS

total: 1447 (50pts spare, suggestions???)

·
4,491 Posts
Id add the PK Nob to the big unit of Nobz (making 6 all up), and drop the other 2.
Add a Waaagh Banner, and give them all Cybork.

Drop Armour Plates off the Trukks, really not worth the points.

Spare points can be spend on more Lootas or Boyz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts