Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a sudden thought regarding the Beast, and that could explain why the orks are bent on humilating and breaking mankind. Vengeance.

Ive started to think why the penultimate book is called Shadow of Ullanor. Could it be that the Beast is actually Urlak Urruk, the former overlord of Ullanor, supposedly slain by Horus? Orks are suprisingly resilient, and if their head is saved, it can be transplanted onto another body. Plus that the imperium most likely didnt know -that- fact about orkoid physiology at the time.

Urlak would certainly have the know how to build and run an empire, and a bitter, burning grudge against the imperium.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Eh.... the books do give of an impression that these Orks are somehow different than others, including Urlak's. I mean, not just the sheer size of common boys( which is insane ) but the technology used, tactics, even some of the weaponary seems unlike anything in present 40k.

But I do think its just the case of 30k ( well post ) being more tougher and dangerous than 40k, same as with other races.

I mean, there could be Ork Empires outside of Milky way that dwarf Imperium many times over, and we wouldn't know about it. Beast and his Waagh are special true, but who knows what kind of other orkish monstrosities there are.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The issue with that is that the Warboos of Ullanor was literally ground out of existence by the Emperor (body, soul, and all).
You are mixing him up with the Mech lord of Gorro. Whom was a LESSER lieutenant of Urlak Urruk, whom the Emperor took out on the way to Ullanor.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Eh.... the books do give of an impression that these Orks are somehow different than others, including Urlak's. I mean, not just the sheer size of common boys( which is insane ) but the technology used, tactics, even some of the weaponary seems unlike anything in present 40k.

But I do think its just the case of 30k ( well post ) being more tougher and dangerous than 40k, same as with other races.

I mean, there could be Ork Empires outside of Milky way that dwarf Imperium many times over, and we wouldn't know about it. Beast and his Waagh are special true, but who knows what kind of other orkish monstrosities there are.
Actually the book Overfiend does have similar things.

I wouldn't say that 30K is more brutal than 40K there's differences. Both are equally brutal it's just that times have changed. The major ork empires have already been smashed by the imperium, and it's only a few left.

Ghazkull is showing just what the orks are capable of. They're not mindless barbarians who use rusty axes and ships that just barely function.

Ghazkull's doks could perform extremely complex surgery on humans and not make it orky.

They use what they use for the exact same reason why the imperium flies around in gothic cathedrals.

It's what they like and enjoy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts