Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is best place to post this.

Anyway i like the idea of creating a army similar to them, so Sword Sheild CC.

Anyway i spoke with my friend and the options we came up with are DW Termies (problem with that is you cant have both a Sword and Sheild), possibly some Orks, problem with Orks is that they are meant to be simiar to Spartan/Roman Centurians so Orks kinda lack on the whole Elite soilder theme :p

So any suggestions for Army? I dont mind most armys, but it needs to be something where i can have a few of these in since i dont want it to be just a single uni kinda thing.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Grey Knights are pretty elite and their Nemesis force weapons could be made to look a little more like Spartan Spears.. There are alot of GK models posing with their force weapons in one hand.. All you need then is some shields on the other hands.. you could even converted them to incorporate storm bolters somehow...

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
I was also thinking along the GK line, but you could use their force weapons as count-as thunder hammers, and instead say that it's a 'thunder spear' (well Vulkan has one so it's not implausable), then have them as Assault Termies, with TH/SS. An idea?

Grish

·
Registered
742 Posts
Grey Knights are pretty elite and their Nemesis force weapons could be made to look a little more like Spartan Spears.. There are alot of GK models posing with their force weapons in one hand.. All you need then is some shields on the other hands.. you could even converted them to incorporate storm bolters somehow...
You are kidding, right? Because GKs already have stormbolters on them. You could propably take the left arm of some regular termies! Good luck anyway!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
You are kidding, right? Because GKs already have stormbolters on them. You could propably take the left arm of some regular termies! Good luck anyway!
I imagine he means to model the shields in addition to the storm bolters, so they are more WYSIWYG when using the GK rules.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts