Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to start the tournament circuit next year and want to test out the list this December.

I am going to play Space Wolves primary and Ultramarines Allies. Assume I have every model, which is close but I will buy whatever if convinced. I do have one Imperial Knight but am not impressed with the use of just one and have decided not to use the Adamantium Lance.

What changes do you guys see? Do you like the list?

HQ
Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf with Krakenbone Sword

Elite
Iron Priest on Thunderwolf, 2x Cyberwolf

Iron Priest on Thunderwolf, 2x Cyberwolf

Troops
Blood Claws x 5
StormWolf 2x twin linked multi meltas

Grey Hunters x 5
Flamer
Rhino

Fast Attack
Drop Pod (Centurions with Tiggy)

Thunderwolf Cavalry (1 Power Fist)

Thunderwolf Cavalry (1 Power Fist, Thunder Hammer/ Stormshield)

Alllied

HQ
Chief Librarian Tigurius

Elite
Sternguard x5 Drop Pod
3Combi Meltas, 1 Heavy Flamer, 1 Meltagun

Troops
Tactical Squad x5 Rhino
Combi Plasma and Plasmagun

Heavy Support
Grav Centurions (Space Wolves Drop Pod with Tiggy)

·
Registered
90 Posts
A shame no-one has chimed in yet!

First, can I congratulate you for the evilness which is Grav Centurion Devastators in a drop pod. I don't have the heart to do it myself but damn does it cause a stir!

Really like the list, but do have some questions for you:
1. How many points is this list supposed to be? I'd take a stab at 1875-2000pts but I'm too lazy to calculate it.

2. Are the Iron priests and wolf lord joining together into their own unit or are they joining different TWC units?

3. Who actually has the special weapons in the TWC? Are they just normal scrubs or is one the Leader?

4. Why the heavy flamer on the sternguard? They are clearly built for tank hunting, but the flamer feel really out of place. I know there is a huge debate between combi's and special weapons in the sternguard, but I feel that it is a shame to lose special ammunition shots by taking meltaguns or plasma guns, etc. But up to you.

I'd be tempted to swap out a rhino for another drop pod, just so you can have two come in turn one. It would be a lot harder to deal with the centurions and sternguard coming in turn 1 then one at a time, giving your TWC more time to get up the board without being gunned to death.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts