Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah, maybe a Codex: Vlka Fenryka would be a better title this time around rather than Codex: Space Wolves. More reflective of the recent change in our perspective of them.
Completely agree

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Codex always trumps novels on canon. Period. The BL authors can run whatever way they want but at the end of the day the flagpole we should be looking at for what an army "is" comes from the codex.

EDIT: And how is "werewolf vikings in SPACE" not unique? FFS Skyrim is the only other bit media I've ever seen that actually has Werewolf Vikings. The only way it could be more awesome is if they rode bears into battle.
The are you on about? I'm saying that I would like a NEW- note the NEW part- codex to include more aspects of the SW fluff that we see in the book.

Ok, fair enough, but I just find it boring.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Point being, it should come as no surprise to you that people like this form of writing for the Space Wolves as well as it not being a surprise the GW continues to serve it up.
It isn't, though that's hardly relevant to me actually preferring something a little more complex.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
It isn't, though that's hardly relevant to me actually preferring something a little more complex.
Well, if you want more complex fiction for it then go write your own, its not as if this hobby doesn't outright invite customization in its various forms. If the Space Wolves do not meet your current standards then write whatever it is you want them to be, sit back, and enjoy it.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Well, if you want more complex fiction for it then go write your own, its not as if this hobby doesn't outright invite customization in its various forms. If the Space Wolves do not meet your current standards then write whatever it is you want them to be, sit back, and enjoy it.
……….. wha? I'm not saying that they aren't up to my standards, I'm saying that what we see in the books I would like to see in the next codex. Bro, I have said this like nine times.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
……….. wha? I'm not saying that they aren't up to my standards, I'm saying that what we see in the books I would like to see in the next codex. Bro, I have said this like nine times.
Say it again for good measure.

Seriously, I'd like to see a lot of crap from the fiction make it to the Codex. Its not going to happen, but, I'd like it too. It'd all be nice but, no dice.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
If you are going to start a new thread you want:

A: more info/rumours/snippets
or
B: pics
or
C: somefuckingthing more then this :grin:

41 - 60 of 541 Posts