Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Roll em into C:SM. 7th edition should update the allies chart accordingly :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I thought BA were getting an update next for sm?
That's been the rumour for awhile, I doubt we'll get both so Wolves sound the more likely

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So bitter its almost frightening.

I wonder what the Wolves will get? Is there a Stormtalon in their future and a Stormraven? Or will they get a plastic Thunderhawk?
Wolves with flyers doesn't work for me, unless Blood Talons fly them (BS3!) so more likely we'll see something with Skyfire instead.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
"Fuck it, we're just going to release Space Vikings. No more of this wolf nonsense. New kit for the Space Wolves-- Mecha-Frost Giant mini dreadnoughts called Jarls that have SD hammers and twin-linked assault cannons that get 2D3 on a rend against vehicles instead of just d3. That'll show those pesky Tau and Eldar players, and even if the sculpts end up looking like mecha-downies, we'll still sell tons of 'em at $75 a box as long as our Mecha-Jarls are super broken! Now, where's the whiskey? I need to be a little more drunk to keep working on the Space Wolf release." -GW Design Team

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
"Fuck it, we're just going to release Space Vikings. No more of this wolf nonsense. New kit for the Space Wolves-- Mecha-Frost Giant mini dreadnoughts called Jarls that have SD hammers and twin-linked assault cannons that get 2D3 on a rend against vehicles instead of just d3. That'll show those pesky Tau and Eldar players, and even if the sculpts end up looking like mecha-downies, we'll still sell tons of 'em at $75 a box as long as our Mecha-Jarls are super broken! Now, where's the whiskey? I need to be a little more drunk to keep working on the Space Wolf release." -GW Design Team
Gee, I didn't know they do at work what I do every Saturday o_O

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
If someone is getting plastered to work on Space Wolves and ISN'T drinking Mead to do it, they're just wrong.
Ale.

Also, why the heck do they either have to be Vikings or Wolf nuts? Honestly, why can't they just be their own thing? The books pull it off pretty well, so why can't we just get a happy, creative medium.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Ale.

Also, why the heck do they either have to be Vikings or Wolf nuts? Honestly, why can't they just be their own thing? The books pull it off pretty well, so why can't we just get a happy, creative medium.
I for one like the Vikings idea and will continue thinking of them as such and its purely for the cool factor.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Flak missiles and the stalker/hunter are a given. As for new units, I hope they get some sort of 13th Company option, but that might come as a supplement. I'd be happy with updates for the 20 year old Ragnar and Ulrik minis. Grimnar is also looking a bit small beside his more modern brothers in termie armour.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Completely selfish comment inbound:

"I DONT WANT WOLVES! IM HAPPY WITH MY WOLF ARMY!!! I'd really like to re do my blood angels, they're the army I started with 20 or so years ago, I keep going back to them because they feel like home but they're just not competitive in the current rules set, Dante and astorath striking last just because they've got axes? Plus their dex is older than the wolves (I think) so come on gw! Release the angelic host!"

End of selfish statement

Sooooo wolves eh...........? The only change will be to nerf the 4+ 24 inch deny psychic power bubble (that's right I'm a pessimist, with good cause):threaten:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Dante and astorath striking last just because they've got axes?
Yeah, hopefully they'll fix Grimnar as well. The reason he had the stats for both axe and PF was so he could strike at his base initiative if he needed to, or use the fist against beasties if the situation calls for it.

Then the broke him. It is a ridiculous situation that two of the greatest characters in the game such as Dante and Grimnar strike after hormogaunts.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dante isn't likely to change. And his high Initiative has other uses than swinging first, such as Sweeping Advances. He'd have more uses for it if more types of characteristic tests were in 40k.

Grimnar I agree was broken and needs to be adjusted.

1 - 20 of 541 Posts