Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I know it's hard to believe, but some of us like to build unique lists, and the added bonus of not being screamed at by neck beards is just gravy.
What is a neck beard, assuming it is not literally a beard growing on someone's neck?

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
I know it's hard to believe, but some of us like to build unique lists, and the added bonus of not being screamed at by neck beards is just gravy.
define a unique list? so, blood claws and swiftclaws and skyclaws? or something like that?

that is unique, and shit.

thundercav, GH, wolf lords, lone wolves, scouts, rune priests, wolf guard and long fangs. the other units in the book are shite by comparison.

·
Registered
85 Posts
By unique list I mean not being a dick and spamming ML. I take one LF squad at the most, and I build my list based around wanting to have fun not wanting to win.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
i.e. a 'non-competitive' list a word unknown to a lot of SW players.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If it's mostly unknown to SW players then it's non existent to Grey Knights and Necrons players. Making retarded generalizations is fun, I should do it more often.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's not like there aren't BA spam lists out there, too...

Playing against any spam list is basically the least amount of fun I can possibly imagine.

Spam Ork list. Instant hatred. Pure boredom the whole way through.

"Imma spam ork boyz"

"Okay, Imma spam vindactors".

Bored already. Yawn.

·
Registered
870 Posts
My usual Space wolf list involves...

3 squads of grey hunters (I usually ran 3 squads of tac marines before the codex came out anyways), 1-2 squads of skyclaws, 2 squads of long fangs, and 1-2 Wolfpriests

Mix in random vehicles/elites here and there...wolf scouts, dreads and what not.

Having a very solid heavy support choice and troop choice isn't being cheezy or beardy...just being smart. No one screams beardy at IG players just because they bring vet squads.

Everyone needs to stop getting so upset over rules for plastic dudes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If it's mostly unknown to SW players then it's non existent to Grey Knights and Necrons players. Making retarded generalizations is fun, I should do it more often.
Its not fair to assume every GK players spams. I play GK and I built my list around the units I thought looked awesome. I play to have fun, not to table people.

You can break every army if you really wanted to and tried to. (Granted some armies are easier than others)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
and I was trolling the people who ran amok with my thread and changed it to a 'whats more important, shooting or assault' thread :p see I can poke fun like that 'cause my friend who started SW (reason why I saw the rules and started this thread) is making his army for the sole purpose to be competitive against his brother-in-laws grey knight army :biggrin:.

Plus I know the neck breads would get trolled too easy anyway.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I smell wet dog from all the crying!
Wet wolf cheeks from all the whining!
Space Wolves, winning?

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Aha! So making a good list designed to win games is being a dick. Therefore i am definitely a dick.

·
Angel Sanguine
642 Posts
I know, that's what I was saying. I was making a stupid generalization like Lord of Absolution did.
You call me a dick (yes, at our club we like playing competitively, as well as we enjoy painting and fluff, why is it such a Fing big problem to you anyway?), and then start pointing fingers when you realise your mistake. Please, stop acting like a child, we are supposed to be able to argue like gentlemen here.

Yes Mcmuffin, we are the worst kind of people! :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow, complete misinterpretation there. I meant spamming every cheese imaginable for the sole purpose of winning is being a dick. I have no issue with playing competitively, neither myself nor my opponents are good enough to warrant an ultra competitive list. If you wanna play competitive, fine, I was not intending to offend anybody who plays to win, merely those who play solely to win.

And no, my intention was to lampoon Lord of Absolution. Here is what he said:

i.e. a 'non-competitive' list a word unknown to a lot of SW players.
Here is my response:

If you think that is trying to shift the blame on to someone else because of a non-existent mistake then you need to learn how to read.

Anyway, I did not mean to offend you McMuffin and Tossidin, the sentence came out wrong, I will edit it now.

·
Angel Sanguine
642 Posts
Nice to see that you are more grown up then I thought. I may have been a little rough as well, I just get so annoyed when people trash talk those who play to win ;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
yeah making retarded generalization is fun, I have friends who play SW, GK, DE and IG some of the top tier armies that can just spam their best units to win, in fact any army can do that. If you note the title of this thread and my original post I was pointing out my disliking of how many abilities SW units get and such a cheap cost, people have given me fair and clear reasons of why they are like that game-wise is fine (saying it's due to fluff is just stupid, fluff doesn't make them 15 points each)...

Everyone on here are most likely great people in real life, and could most likely get a long with fine, but un-like a lot of other players (like Baltar for example, he can take peoples opinions of the BA and say they are just) but when you say that to a number of Space Wolves players they go mental, not all of them but a lot of them. Captain Quackers, you yourself my just play it for fun and if you do good on you mate. And there is no problem with playing to win, what's the point of playing the game if you don't plan to win? I made that statement because the way some players have been saying it on here seem like they are the type who are willing to abuse any codex they are using to win, whether thats spamming or whatever, it losses the fun value.

My statement was mainly towards them, because this was meant to be a discussion of why long fangs have what they have at such a cheap cost, yet first of all they start a flame war because somebody to making a issue about their codex, which seems like the majority of Space Wolf players do (other players of other codices do as well, but look at any forum and it seems like the majority player Space Wolves on a competitive level) and then they completely change the thread to something else, if they wanted to shout at eachother about what's better then they could of made another thread. Again my statement was towards to the people who for some reason couldn't talk logically about the opinion I arose. I meant no dis-respect for the players out there who are logical and can responsible, and before people bring up 'ahh trolling on the internet blahblahblah' I will mention if everyone on this forum was in one big room I would still have no problem voicing my opinion infront of them, yet they would most likely still be un-responsible them, for the people who could be I apologise for any offence I caused. But when people try and ignore a responsible argument then you might as well point fun at them for being morons.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We have a player at our store who's "fair" space wolves list consists of 10 plasma cannons and 5 las cannons. His troops chill back while the long fangs do work takes njal storm caller and thats his army...

He won't play anything on or under 2200 because thats the cost of his army.

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
How does this thread still exist?

Certain units get special abilities that other units don't get. I can bounce a Tau railgun's shot right back in a Broadside's face with my Lychguard EVERYONE ELSE CANT DO IT ITS IMBA OP! Daemon Princes can force your infantry units to move places they don't want to go, effectively increasing the charge range of their own units I CANT DO LASH ITS IMBA OP! Sisters of Battle get acts of faith I DON'T GET ACTS OF FAITH ITS IMBA OP! Everyone else gets psykers I CAN'T HAVE PSYKERS, PSYKERS ARE IMBA OP!

Seriously. With all the cheesy shit in this game you pick Long Fangs splitting fire? Theres a mountain of cheese in SW, but Long Fangs splitting fire isn't in there. Come at me with a JotWW or last laugh shenanigans complaint and maybe I will listen.

Its just a special ability they have, who cares. They're expensive so you get what you pay for.

181 - 200 of 201 Posts