• 13th Comapny

Votes: 15 46.9%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people

now i know heaps of people ask what army should i do and i'm doing the same thing so what do you guys/gals think?

Orks or 13th company/Space Wolves?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Well, both are good armies. there's a gigantic financial difference between the two, though-- you can build a 13th Company Space Wolves army for about 180 USD, but an Ork army... not so much. You need a hell of a lot more models for Orks, after all, so it's really a question of how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd say Orks, comeone they're new(ish), they're green and they aren't a sub group of the most played army (in australia atleast), isn't it something like 1/5 people play a space marines army (excludes chaos) plus the whole orky "I's da biggest so I's da Boss!" orks just seems like a more fun option, but hey its all up to you space wolves are awesome too, who doesnt love a space aged viking in power armour?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
space wolves all the way.. i went around the battlefield the other day in a crusader filled with 14 blood claws 2 with power weps 1 power fist and led by a rune priest with a force weapon, i took out isyldar imperial fists special character :D and 10-15 scouts a chaplain on a bike and 20 terminators.

considering i always went first apart from his one terminator with a power sword

15 bolt pistols before charging
my priest got 6 force weapon attacks
11 claws 44 attacks
8 power weapon attacks
4 power fist attacks

not to mention my crusaders hurricane bolter's multimelta and assault cannon

ws 3 claws at 44 attacks is fine

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
THis was a tough choice as I love Space Wolves a bunch. I still had to go with orks as they are just a blast to play but they are similar so you can't go wrong either way. Beer drinking and fighting are what both armies do best.

·
Registered
139 Posts
space wolves all the way.. i went around the battlefield the other day in a crusader filled with 14 blood claws 2 with power weps 1 power fist and led by a rune priest with a force weapon, i took out isyldar imperial fists special character :D and 10-15 scouts a chaplain on a bike and 20 terminators.

considering i always went first apart from his one terminator with a power sword

15 bolt pistols before charging
my priest got 6 force weapon attacks
11 claws 44 attacks
8 power weapon attacks
4 power fist attacks

not to mention my crusaders hurricane bolter's multimelta and assault cannon

ws 3 claws at 44 attacks is fine
Too bad he is asking for 13th Company, they don't have Blood Claws, Crusaders or Runepriest w/ Stormbringer.

hey people

now i know heaps of people ask what army should i do and i'm doing the same thing so what do you guys/gals think?

Orks or 13th company/Space Wolves?

I'd really like to say that you should take SW, they are a great army and the 13th Company itself is even further unique.

But keep in mind that the SW codex isn't yet updated, so noone will know wheter the 13th Company makes it into the next SW 'dex, or if the become swapped like Lost and the Damned, Ulthwe Shadowstorm ...

That would be a risk which I would calculate in, If I would start a new army.

Lemartes

·
Registered
83 Posts
Orks! They're so much more fun than marines. Come one, we all know it. Who hasn't seen a hilarious Ork conversion. I mean, a nice Company Champion is really impressive, but I think we'll be remembering what made us laugh more clearly.

Besides, what would be a more memerable game: the one where the Space Wolves dominated all the Chaos and tore them apart by turn 3, or the one with the Orks where some rogue tankbustas blew open a Land Raider with a Tankhammer, but they themselves were incinerated in the explosion?

Just so you know I've got nothing against Space Puppies. I mean Space Wolves.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah go Orks, or if ya wanna go Space Marines go with Dark Angels.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i've had a few friends say i should start orks and have bits of SW everywhere or make my tyranid army bigger, oh the problems

·
Registered
68 Posts
Orks are the funnest so play them! Also someone said Orks are more expensive to build, but I disagree. Elite Ork armies like Deffwing are small in number but ROCK hard. Waaagh!

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
If you are referring to the Space Wolves 13th Company, and not just Space Wolves, then I recommend starting Orks. If you like Space Wolves, then go with them instead.

Reason: The 13th Company rules are not guaranteed to be legal with the next Dex revision. I'd love it if they are, but odds are that they will either be cut, or as good as when the SW Dex is redone.

Orks, on the other hand, have a very powerful and characterful Dex just released, so will not be a possible disappointment in the near future.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've found that most people enjoy playing with and enjoy playing against orks. Not to mention that 13th company will probably be getting the ax when a new codex comes out. They can be a little more expensive to play if you buy all of your stuff (like lootas) in a box set. That's why I'm in the process of building a 1500pt ork army with nothing but the standard boyz box sets and left over bits from my tau and space marine armies. Need lootas? Crisis battlesuit weapons fit in boyz hands just fine. Need burna boyz? put a flamer head on a shoota. The whole thing is only going to cost me around 250$ at GW prices.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
both are good armies but orks have lost their hordey feel and 13th company are pretty difficult to use if you are facing lots of tanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Orks have not lost their "hordey" feel! They are more "hordey" than ever as they are cheaper and units above 10 models are fearless. I have no idea...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I say Space Wolves I enjoy watching them drown in a sea of hormagaunts. lol.
Wait everything drowns in a sea of hormagaunts...

Anyway depends the new Orks are cool and can be a lot of fun. At the same time they're going to quickly become an unpopular army since they are easily power gamed at tournaments.

Downside as well new ork boyz boxes only come with 12 instead of 16. So takes a lot more boxes to make a sure enough horde ork army.

Upside is you can buy fantasy black orks, and convert them into Nobz. With that you can make a fairly less expensive elite ork army.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
THis was a tough choice as I love Space Wolves a bunch. I still had to go with orks as they are just a blast to play but they are similar so you can't go wrong either way. Beer drinking and fighting are what both armies do best.
I'd say space Wolves could out drink Orks in a drinking contest.

I'd say Wolves though.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Well, Space Marines physically can't really get drunk, so they win drinking games by default. After a few barrels of something really strong, they might start to get a little tipsy, but they've got a built in organ that essentially acts as a liver before the stuff even gets swallowed all the way... I mean, they can drink all sorts of toxic waste and be just fine, so alcohol doesn't really do anything to them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts