Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a space wolfs leader with lightening claws but with a wulfen head.
anywhere i can get this model?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah bugger i cant convert :p

anyone know how i would go about converting him. ?

would a plastic modle be better or a metal ?

whos the guy below.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i have a grey hunters sargent which = nothing and a space wolfs 2nd captain... how do i use these in battle >? / list

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there mad king george.
I'm new to this web site but been collecting (as opposed to painting!!!) for a while now. Start converting mate. You do need a few models your willing to sacrifice, don't be put of if it don't work out. once you figure out what works with regard to joints fitting etc you'll be on your way and never look back have fun with it. and yes my first few conversions were write offs!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Converting is all about trial and error, as supamove said you will scrap a few models, even after you get good at it you will still en dup scrapping a model every now and then. Go to the different websites that sell bits and look for what you want. Plastic are always the easiest to work with. Metals you have to have a good set of files, a great saw and it helps to have a dremel if you really want to do it right. Best advice is GO SLOW, SLLLLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW. Alway undercut, it is much easier to cut a bit more then try and repair something you damaged.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
the easiest way to convert the model would be to get a wulfen model whos arms are away from its body so you dont have to fix its torso and clip them off at the shoulder smooth it with a file or sand paper and add plastic lightning claws any flaws can be covered over with wolf shoulder pads, any other method will invove a head swap and i wouldnt recommend that for your first attempt hope this helps

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i was thinking of getting a run priest of some sort / wolf prist and maybe making him more wolfy and add lightening claws call him a hq leader ect

would i be bale to mail order bits and bobs from games work shop

hence wulfen body or rune priest head and torso with lightening claws seprate.. a chaose back pack with standard some shoulder pads

and maybe that crow thata priests has for space wolfs just because there kinda chaotic and a crow sitting on him would be awesome

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wulfen body and termie lightning claws = a world of hurt for anyone on the receiving end. Possible 8 attacks on the charge, 3s to hit, reroll to wound, no saves. Think he's around 80pts iirc... cheaper then a chaplain...

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
get a wulfen model and cut the arms off

that model looks fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill be buying another box of wulfen soon, when i get my tax back "been taxed 22% over past 4 months... should get 300+ back.

so ill buy them then.

how did you make that wulfen dude

i like the right army with his skin showing awesome

could i use a guy like that as a commander not wulfen though

·
Registered
453 Posts
My guy is a Wolf Guard pack leader with a pair of l. claws and mark of the wulfen.

You could use it as a wolf lord with pair of claws and mark of the wulfen easily. its completely wysiwyg.

you can't use it a wulfen though as wulfen don't use lightning claws.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
ah nice, but you would use it as a wulfen but not with lightening claws hence the rules eg. no bolt pistor or chainsword only fists

+2 counter charge :p

how would i got about converting a guy like that

Green stuff
Wulfen Model
Mail order lightening claws ?
mail order should pads ?
Jump Pack ?

what should i put him with for a command squad ?

ps.. what is a 2nd space wolve captain from page 1

anyone notice how he looks like sonic the hedgehog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts