Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I just wanted to get some feedback on this squad banner bearer I just finished for my space wolves great company (Bjorn Stormwolf's great company)

it was a bit of an experiment, trying to make it look like that awesome banner bearer pic in C:SM but for space wolves. It was the first time I have attempted re-positioning legs on a model. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the result but there are many things I would do better next time (improving my freehand on the banner for a start...)

Any feedback and/or suggestions welcome.
View attachment 7807

View attachment 7808

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
I know just the picture your trying to replicate and I love it! Great work repositioning the legs. I think the free hand is good too.

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
well man, I really like the dynamic look of this figure. The banner needs a light glaze of devlan mud to tie the white runes into the rest of the dirty banner. YOu have clean letters and a dirtier than ass banner (which is cool) but you need to tie them all in together so that it becomes more unified and less stark!

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that was something that bothered me. Wasn't sure about the reef on his shoulder pad either... not that space wolfy...

anyway, applying wash as I type this...

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
spectacular work. but you're not the best at taking pictures :biggrin: just sayin. but not everyone has some spare lamps laying around i suppose. your camera quality looks good you just need the lighting to be better.

if it looked like a bad model, I wouldn't bother suggesting you light it better.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I love it, although It seems a bit darker than any space wolf I ever saw. But then again thats thats what makes it look so cool. Good Job +rep

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ah, I see you're going to that old-school dark grey Space Wolf colour scheme! Very nice!

...not like that baby blue crap scheme we got nowadays...

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the comments guys, most appreciated.

I'll have to post some of my other SW's if you like this guy.
And yeah, I've always painted my space wolves dark, and NO BROWN FUR either :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts