Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! Thought I'd share my 1850 Space Wolf List. It's won me many games and is quite flexible and able to take most lists. This list uses the Champions of Fenris detachment.

HQ:
Wolf Lord: 235pts
Morkai’s Claws, Fellclaw’s Teeth, Runic Armor, Thunderwolf

Troops:
Grey Hunters: 168pts
8 Grey Hunters w/Extra CC weapon and 1 Meltagun, 1 Wolf Guard in Terminator armor w/Combi-melta and Stormshield
-Drop Pod: 35pts

Grey Hunters: 168pts
8 Grey Hunters w/Extra CC weapon and 1 Meltagun, 1 Wolf Guard in Terminator armor w/Combi-melta and Stormshield

Elite:
Dreadnought: 140pts
Venerable, Blizzard Ax and Shield

Wolf Guard Terminators: 144pts
1 w/Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, 2 w/Wolf Claw and Stormshield

Fast Attack:
14 Fenrisian Wolves: 112pts

4 Thunderwolf Cavalry: 190pts
2 Storm Shields

4 Thunderwolf Cavalry: 190pts
2 Storm Shields

Heavy Support:
5 Long Fangs: 140pts
4 Lascannons

Stormfang: 255pts
TL Multi-melta, Lascannon

The idea is that the Wolf Lord joins the Fenrisian pack, which along with other two Thunderwolf packs gives 3 durable hard hitting deadly cc units. I usually drop the two Grey Hunter Squads in first with the Terminator Wolf Guard able to help soak up shots for the squad.
On the 2nd turn (hopefully) the Stormfang carrying the 3 Terminators and dread drop in giving me flexibility on where to drop tough scoring units.
Generally your Turn 2 and 3 as the Thunderwolves and Grey Hunters get the charge allow you to inflict so much damage the next few turns are cleanup. Each unit is very deadly and there are options to cover all your anti-vehicle, infantry, mc and flyer needs. Thoughts? I've tested this against many different types of lists and its always pulled through.

·
Registered
434 Posts
This is pretty cool. Way different than any SW list I've run (though I've admittedly neglected my wolves recently). I really need to get back on the ball and start toying with these guys again. They are so win. Thanks for giving me some things to think about!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love it!

Love the Grey Hunter Drop Pods, had to join the forum to made sure I posted a comment on your list :victory:

My traditional list thru the past codices has always been:

1 x Rune Priest
1 x Rune Priest
2 x Dreadnaughts
Iron Priest TW w/ Cyberwolfs
10 x Grey Hunter w/ Rhino (Opp. Objectives)
10 x Grey Hunter w/ Rhino (Opp. Objectives)
5 x Grey Hunter w/ Las Razorback (My Objectives)
5 x Grey Hunter w/ Las Razorback (My Objectives)
3 x Land Speeders (1 Typhoon)
3 x Swiftclaws (Opp. Objectives)
3 x Swiftclaws (Opp. Objectives)
3 Long Fangs (2 x ML)
3 Long Fangs (2 x ML)
1 AC/HB Predator

Your list has given me a number of ideas especially the Grey Hunter drop pods as I see it as a quicker way to get them into my Opponents deployment zone.

Would love to purchase and use a Stormfang, presumably a little more diverse compared to Terminators in a Landraider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts