Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I started space wolves so i thought i;d throw up a list to see what people thought

Wolf Priest 105pts - Melta Bombs

Rune Priest 110pts - Chooser of the Slain

Wolf Guard x3 329pts - Land Raider Crusader with multi-melta and extra armor

Grey Hunters x9 180pts - plasma rifle, Rhino

Grey Hunters x8 160pts - Melta, Rhino

Blood Claws x10 - 1x Flamer

Predator 165pts - Twin-Linked Lascannon, Sponson mounted Lascannons

Long Fangs x6 140pts - Missile Launchers

Long Fangs x6 140pts - Missile Launchers

Throw the Wolf Priest and one of the wolf guard into the blood claws along with the raider, the rune priest in the 8 man grey hunter pack and the other 2 wolf guard into the grey hunters. Use my grey hunters and blood claw pack to lay down some up close and personal violence while the predator and long fangs blow stuff up. I think it will do nicely but won;t know til I try it out. Just like some feedback maybe it's good maybe it's crap I don;t know

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Hey man, not bad but it has the same weakness of all single rock armies... you'll have a ton of points tied up in your LR so that becomes the lynchpin... IMO, this is going to be really difficult to work and you'll need to support the LR as best as possible. Were it me and I wanted to run this list, I would take my GH in Razorbacks with TL Las or las/plas to give the list a bit more ranged threat.

Also, think real hard about the Blood Claws option.. Yeah, the hit pretty well in CC, but they also get hit easier... Also, they can't shoot very well... I think you'd be better off with GH and pimp out the squad (PW, MotW, Banner, meltas, etc)

Other than the razorback and Blood Claws thing... I think it looks like a fun list to play... perhaps not the best min/max comp list... but could have a decent ammt of threat without too much adjustment IMO...

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
You'd be better off with the Land Raider as Heavy Support. As it is, it's a unit's dedicated transport, and you might find some people objecting to you deploying a full unit inside that isn't the unit it was bought for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts