Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New player to 40k here, and I just finished building my first army list. I'm in need of advice as to what could be changed or improved, so here it is.

HQ:
Rune Priest
Chooser of the Slain
Wolf Tail Talisman
Murderous Hurricane
Living Lightning
115 pts.

HQ:
Rune Priest
Chooser of the Slain
Wolf Tail Talisman
Storm Caller
Jaws of the World Wolf
115 pts.

Troops:
Grey Hunters (8) Power Fist, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Melta Gun
Wolf Guard - Combi Melta, Power Fist
Rhino
253 pts.

Troops:
Grey Hunters (8) Power Fist, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Melta Gun
Wolf Guard - Combi Melta, Power Fist
Rhino
253 pts.

Heavy Support:
Long Fangs (5) Missile Launcher x4
115 pts.

Heavy Support:
Long Fangs (6) Missile Launcher x5
140 pts.

TOTAL: 991

I hope everything is in order and again, any constructive criticism is appreciated.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Pretty solid for 1000 points, I'd drop some extras like the wolf standards in order to get that fifth missile launcher into your 5 man LF squad.

·
Registered
155 Posts
well i would go for 2 smaller units of grey hunters, 1 less rune priest, and add TWC and maybe speeders.

your rune priests are illegal, they must have diff equipment.

the long fangs are nice but you might want to switch to two groups of 5 with 4 missiles. idk, the one less missile makes the split even and makes me feel better lol. thats just me though.

also your priest can share 1 power as long as they dont have the same two.
example, living lightning and murderous hurricane and living lightning and jaws works fine.

i might go with something like this, but this is just me:

wolf lord
frost blade
storm shield

---

wolf guard x3
2x combi melta
2x fist

dread
2x TL auto cannons

---

grey hunters x5
las plas razor

grey hunters x7
standard
melta
rhino

grey hunters x5
wulfen
melta
standard
razor back

---

TWC x3
fist
melta bombs

---

fangs x5
4x missiles

total

the one plain wolf guard goes in the lass plass razor which is for a home objective. the fangs, lass plass razor, and dread take out light armor. the rhino, plain razor and cav go for the throat and all in all you have a straight forward, hard to beat list at 1000 pts.

you could also find the points to make the lord have a Thunder wolf mount. he would be really beast then...

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Without completely altering the feel of your army I would say maybe look for some points to get a razorback or 2 with youe LF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I will take your recommendations into consideration. I kind of missed the illegal rune priests, so I will change that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Personally I think 2 HQs should be reserved for higher points, 1500 or so. I would use the left over points to buy more manpower. Most of the time that is what wins the battles. But thats just my oppionion.

Other than that I agree with Hyppogryph on the issue of the standards and the extra ML.

Hope it helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts