Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am still undecided on a army idea...man replacing an entire army due to some low life thieves sucks arse...anywho...my very first army I ever played was Space Wolves so I thought with the left over IG stuff I have left that wasn't stolen I would make a list...so without further mention here it is..please comment away!!

Primary: Space Wolves
Allies: IG

HQ:
Bjorn - 290: TLLC
CCS - 120: PGx2, HWT ACx1, Master of Ordinance
Rune Priest - 115: Talisman, Necklace, Jaws/Lightning
Rune Priest - 115: Talisman, Necklace, Jaws/Hurricane

Troops:
Grey Hunters x9 - 175: MGx1, Drop Pod
Grey Hunters x9 - 175: MGx1, Drop Pod
Infantry Platoon - 385: PCS - MGx4
IS - Flamer, HWT AC, Chimera (HF)
IS - Flamer, HWT AC, Chimera (HF)
Fast:
Vendetta - 130

Heavy:
Ordnance Battery - 270: Basilisk x2 HK Missile x2

Fortification:
Sky Shield Landing Pad - 75

SO, I would put the Basilisks and CCS on top of the pad with the edges up and rock out the cover save :) Between the pie plates from the Basilisks and Master of Ordinance, they should be able to deal decent dents in any horde type army's and deal with most armor fairly well and have decent survivability. Ill stick a Rune Priest in each Grey Hunter squad and drop them in the backfield to grab objectives or deal with whatever needs dealt with back there, but primarily backfield objective grabbing/contesting. Infantry squads can take care of the mid field and give a little bit of fire support. PCS in the Vendetta to drop where needed. And finally, Bjorn...ahh I've always had a soft spot for the only one left alive in the codex that met good old Russ..I figure he can move around shooting things...maybe get into cc with some crap squads..I could always swap him out for a diff HQ that could serve as warlord, but if need be he can also camp and protect an objective, my plan would be to place one on top the landing pad for the CCS to camp on...using the PCS to zoom over to claim at last minute..OR drop the MOO and and swap up the roles of PCS and CCS. Put the PCS on the pad and the CCS in the Vendetta, which would free up some points also..but anyways, some thoughts and comments please :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
well gonna try to give some advise
1: runepriests need different wargear
2: your command squad has 2 plasma's and a autocannon that need to shoot whit the master of ordenance i would advice to give this squad a master of the fleet
3: why bjorn ?
4:i would try to get a 3rd pod in there (if you drop bjorn get some longfangs in a dropod ^^)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well gonna try to give some advise
1: runepriests need different wargear
2: your command squad has 2 plasma's and a autocannon that need to shoot whit the master of ordenance i would advice to give this squad a master of the fleet
3: why bjorn ?
4:i would try to get a 3rd pod in there (if you drop bjorn get some longfangs in a dropod ^^)

1. The different power selections validates the different wargear I believe, I could be wrong on this.
2. Why a master of the fleet? The plasma guns are there in case the landing pad gets attacked or something is in over watch range. The autocannon is there to take some long range shots at transports and the like.
3. Bjorn? Eh..I just like him..don't really need him..could drop him and put something else in place, make one of the rune priests the warlord I guess..
4. Why the 3rd pod? and why put the long fangs in a drop pod? wouldn't they be better served somewhere stationary so they can shoot at full BS and not snapfire?

I will re-work a bit and drop Bjorn..he was just there beause I needed a solid warlord, not someone whose going to be running up with a squad right away I guess...Maybe I will take Njal and stick him on the pad and make the pad as close to center as possible so I can try and keep a lot of enemy in range of his powers and psychic defense..

·
Registered
164 Posts
1. The different power selections validates the different wargear I believe, I could be wrong on this.
2. Why a master of the fleet? The plasma guns are there in case the landing pad gets attacked or something is in over watch range. The autocannon is there to take some long range shots at transports and the like.
3. Bjorn? Eh..I just like him..don't really need him..could drop him and put something else in place, make one of the rune priests the warlord I guess..
4. Why the 3rd pod? and why put the long fangs in a drop pod? wouldn't they be better served somewhere stationary so they can shoot at full BS and not snapfire?

I will re-work a bit and drop Bjorn..he was just there beause I needed a solid warlord, not someone whose going to be running up with a squad right away I guess...Maybe I will take Njal and stick him on the pad and make the pad as close to center as possible so I can try and keep a lot of enemy in range of his powers and psychic defense..
1. the wargear and the psychic powers are not allowed to be the same
2. the master of the fleet messes whit the enemies reserves (whit all the fliers around ^^)
3. i would sugget to get a 3rd runepriest (whit tda) and stick him in the back the reason
i dislike bjorn is his point cost and he gives you problems when he goes down
4. longfangs give longrange support (they will never see the inside of there pod) the reason to give the lf's a pod is to allow you to drop 2 pod's t1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts