Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just started building a Space Wolf army. I was able to over pay for a supposedly 3rd Edition SW Codex on E-Bay. I was also able to piece together some info from a bunch of sights. Their lies the problem.

1. First, how can you tell what edition it is? Didn't see it any where.

2. In the codex it lists BC as WS/BS as a 3. On line people have them listed has BS/WS 4 which one is true?

I guess the overall question does the SW & SM Codex's overule anything I may find on the internet or do they know something I don't?

Any help much appreciated. Really digging W40K..

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Blood claws have a lower bs / ws than grey hunters

there shoudl be a space wolve mowing down orks on the cover

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is no new Codex yet you can use the one you bought with the current FAQ and the new Space Marine Codex.

The way to tell is that it should be copy righted 2004 or later

According to my GW Manager at my official store it may be later this year or next before a new Space Wolves Codex

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
There is no new Codex yet you can use the one you bought with the current FAQ and the new Space Marine Codex.

The way to tell is that it should be copy righted 2004 or later

According to my GW Manager at my official store it may be later this year or next before a new Space Wolves Codex
tell him that thats too long

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will do

May I beat him too? Dude really needs some dental work.
Must be a hold over from being a Brit game :))

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great guys, thank you. Ok I have the 3rd edition then. I guess I was hoping the BC's were higher then 3/3/3/ but no matter. I tore apart some Chaos Marines this weekend :biggrin:

One last thing if you don't mind.
In the Daemonhunter codex they show a picture on p.33 of space marines and Grey knights together, I thought this wasn't allowed? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is allowed. In the daemonhunters codex it tells you more about it, but essentially they fight as allies. The ones you get to use with your wolves is limited, but yes...it is allowed. For instance, you can use assassins, grey knights, grey knight termies, and inquisitor lords if I remember right. Been awhile since I've seen the codex but I was actually thinking of doing some addition of grey knights into my list myself. :biggrin: I'd probably only use some assassin every once in awhile though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This would be very cool if true.
I was hoping to use 1 unit of Grey Knights and 1 inquisitor unit along with my space wolves. My main opponent has a Chaos army so we are building a campaign around them.
So why does it say you can't have Grey knight Units but then shows the picture?

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Using Wolves and Grey Knights depends what list you are using as the 'parent' list. If its Wolves, then you cant use Inquisitot Lords or anything that requires an Inquisitor Lord to take eg assassins, as the Wolves hq rule means that all hq's must be taken from the Wolves codex. You could use an elite choice Inquisitor. Im not sure about using DH codex as main list, but I do know if you are using the Witch Hunters dex, then you cant take Wolves as allies, as only 'vanilla' ie not SW, BA or Da cant be used. Oh, and Bloodclaws are 3/3/4 on their stat line.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
you could use asassins in 2nd ed for space marines couldnt you anyway well ithink it was 2nd ed -8-4 years ago

·
Registered
821 Posts
>>Yep, but as the only assassins available are the ones in the Inquisitorial codices, you ned an Inquisitor lord to take them. Sucky but true.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You cannot use the old Assassins Codex, the new Assassin rules have to be taken out of the inquisitorial codizies.

Since we Space Wolves are bond to our own HQ regulation (one for 750 Pts, from our own list) we cannot take and Inquisitor Lord.

We may take an Elite Inquisitor but he'd block the ally slot, we'd need for the Assassin.

Lemartes

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
dam that is so gay whats the point in calling them imperial assassins if only inquisitorial can use them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts