fangs x5
4x missiles

fangs x5
4x missiles

fangs x5
4x missiles

grand total 1499

i think this is a great list.
rhinos with double melta for popping armor along with 3 groups of fangs. plus 3 troop choices that arent really high on the priority list. then two ultra killy assault units, wolf lord's and iron priest's. thats 6(or 7) S6 power weapon hits at Int5 plus the cyber wolves at Int5 and 4 s10 hits and 1 s8 hit at Int1. and hits cant be allocated against the iron priest in cc because he isn't an independent character. plus he has a 2+ save due to runic armor and the lords have invuls, with T5 on everyone, hard as nails to kill at 6 models strong with 8 wounds in each group. not impossible to kill but scary all the same. rhinos can offer cover if needed up to center field.

i used this list and got to move 12" with each rhino, get out, and pop a land raider, just one land raider. it was lucky but probable. double melta that is mobile is awesome. i had 2 shots at 6" range. 2d6 to pen and plus 1 on the pen chart, gotta love it.

i know its a one trick pony and might not fair as well against horde lists but i think its still pretty versatile at the same time, plus deadly.

approve?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would probabaly drop a long fang squad to beef up two of the grey hunter units and maybe then jazz up the other two long fang packs. One of the problems you could come up against is something that could dish out instant death to your wolf lords or dealing with walkers close up.

I would consider giving one of the wolf lords either a fist or a thunder hammer as well as saga of thh bear. Another worth while investment for them would be a wolf tooth necklace. This army needs the two wolf lords to be it's cutting edge up close and investing in one of those for each character would really help whem dealing with anything nasty.

·
Registered
324 Posts
keep in mind that under RAW, your wolf lords can't join the Iron Priest units, since it says TWM characters can ONLY join units of TWC or FW. It's annoying, but I haven't found anything that says they can join IPs in TWM. I was planning on having a IP unit with Canis in it in my list, but I had to change plans.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
keep in mind that under RAW, your wolf lords can't join the Iron Priest units, since it says TWM characters can ONLY join units of TWC or FW. It's annoying, but I haven't found anything that says they can join IPs in TWM. I was planning on having a IP unit with Canis in it in my list, but I had to change plans.

oh yeah i forgot about that 43, thanks. idk what im going to do now though...
i could just run them together but they could pick out the wolf lord and kill him off. i might make a cut somewhere and add fenrisian wolves to the lords for ablative wounds, just in case.

i put the grey hunters in rhinos instead of RB so they could shoot the melta from inside their protective metal eggshell. putting them in RB gives me a heavy bolter and takes away the fire points. plus im prolly not gonna fire it, not if i want to move 12" and melt some armor.

i didnt bother with the wolf tooth necklace or saga of the bear because i dont fight anything that can deal out instant death very often, plus being T5 he doesnt have to worry about a whole lot of gun fire taking him out. i see where your coming from though.

and i know the awesomeness of saga of the warrior born but im liking saga of the wulfkin making my wolves move a bit faster...although they arent really scary...

i might drop a unit of long fangs for some upgrades but i liked the target saturation with the possible 6 targets, i could beef em up a man and drop a squad giving me 10 missiles but only 4 targets. its a tough choice. i was also considering swapping a group of fangs for a auto and lass pread, a bit cheaper and i lose a target but I gain lass cannons.

thanks for the input everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts