Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Beating Eldar can vary wildly between players - if the Eldar player knows what he's doing, and Mechs up and builds his list properly, I think Vanilla marines are always going to struggle. However if he doesn't know what he's doing, you'll have a very easy time winning, because Eldar do not tolerate slack play in the same was as other armies.

What you take will vary wildly based on what he takes. If he's got several Falcons/Prisms/Serpents then Dev squads with 4x Missile Launchers would serve you well, as would a Pred with Auto/Lascannon. If however he's got infantry that don't spend the entire game in transports, then a Whirlwind/Dakka Pred would be more useful.

The Battleforce certainly won't give you any problems - Guardians suck, Avengers only kill things when there's 10 of them, and a single war walker with 2 different weapons is going to do very little.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I would personally scrape some points from somewhere and make the Devs 10 men strong, so you can combat squad with 2x Launchers in one and 2x Bolters in another. Apart from that it looks fine! :)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I use a Storm with a Multi Melta in my Scout army. The ideal use for them is as backup for a better assault unit - so when you win the combat then the enemy takes leadership on an additional -2. In my case the 5 Scouts with a Powerfist Sergeant from the Storm generally attacks the same target as Shrike, a Chaplain and 10 Assault Marines with a Power Fist sergeant. I'll generally win the combat by at least 3 anyway, so Leadership tests on -5, thanks very much! :)

Just don't leave them isolated - they'll get shot down very quickly.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
For Eldar players, the Farseer functions as the brain of the army, sending instructions to the muscles and helping it to apply the correct amount of force to objects in its way (your units).

How would you like to fight someone whose brain only functions correctly half the time? That's what your Librarian does. That's why you should take him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts