Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, I'm thinking of starting a Space Marine Chapter (working title: Emperor's Storm), and I'm currently working on the fluff. They work on a "victory at all costs" policy, so have been seen working openly with the Tau Empire and the Eldar to get the job done. For this they have been banished from the Imperium and can no longer work with any other chapters. They have not, however, turned to the forces of chaos...yet.

So, do you think this is OK fluff? Would it be liable? It's really just an excuse to model and field some cool Tau and Eldar allies :p I thoght I'd show you guys since you're the, you know, fluff section.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I believe renegade chapters who hate chaos is a well documented and well accepted piece of fluff. I say go for it!

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
I'd go with making them a renegade chapter shunned and due to be expunged due to there belief that working with the xenos is the path to overcoming the evils of chaos.

I think that would work

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey guys and gals, I'm thinking of starting a Space Marine Chapter (working title: Emperor's Storm), and I'm currently working on the fluff. They work on a "victory at all costs" policy, so have been seen working openly with the Tau Empire and the Eldar to get the job done. For this they have been banished from the Imperium and can no longer work with any other chapters. They have not, however, turned to the forces of chaos...yet.

So, do you think this is OK fluff? Would it be liable? It's really just an excuse to model and field some cool Tau and Eldar allies :p I thoght I'd show you guys since you're the, you know, fluff section.
One issue, but not the issue you think:

There have been several recorded cases of the Ultramarines working with the Tau and Eldar. In fact, in most of them, the Ultramarines didn't even backstab their alien allies after the fight.

And the ultramarines are one of THE most respected chapters in the Imperium.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd go with making them a renegade chapter shunned and due to be expunged due to there belief that working with the xenos is the path to overcoming the evils of chaos.

I think that would work
I'm liking this idea a lot. I saw an article in White Dwarf a good 5-6 years ago on renegade marines. The owner had modelled them using the less heretical items from the chaos accessory frame. Thanks everyone for the ideas btw.

·
Registered
138 Posts
As I said above, it is acceptable to do small amounts of work with Xenos.

To get your chapter expelled, I would recommend having your chapter do something a little more drastic. For example, you could say it denounced much of the ingrained xenophobia in the Imperium.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
There have been several recorded cases of the Ultramarines working with the Tau and Eldar. In fact, in most of them, the Ultramarines didn't even backstab their alien allies after the fight.

And the ultramarines are one of THE most respected chapters in the Imperium.
Were they working as part of a formal alliance or did they just happen to be fighting the same enemy at the same time, there is a BIG difference as far as the Imperium is concerned.

Not back stabbing their enemies could be because they were in no position to do so. If they were victorious in a war that required them to join forces with hated enemies they were unlikely to be able to launch attacks at anything come the end. Everyone backs off carefully to lick their wounds and come out fighting at a later date.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Were they working as part of a formal alliance or did they just happen to be fighting the same enemy at the same time, there is a BIG difference as far as the Imperium is concerned.

Not back stabbing their enemies could be because they were in no position to do so. If they were victorious in a war that required them to join forces with hated enemies they were unlikely to be able to launch attacks at anything come the end. Everyone backs off carefully to lick their wounds and come out fighting at a later date.
It`s a pretty respectable truce in one case. Calgar and the smurfs vs tau, then the necrons wake up. Both sides evacuate. Calgar declares exterminatus on the planet but allows the tau to escape first out of respect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts