Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys so this is a semi-competitive 1850pt list I built for a local tournament. Forge world is allowed. Lords of war are good too. Nothing over 9HP. No titans (not sure why). Forge World Knights are ok. Can take a max of 2 detachments.

Space Marines:

HQ
-Magister Sevrin Loth

Troop
-scout squad - no upgrades
-scout squad - no upgrades

Heavy Support
-Centurions x3 w/ Grav cannons-Grav amps, Missle Launcher
Sergeant w/ Grav cannons-Grav amps, Missle Launcher, Omiscope
-Fire Raptor Gunship

Lords of War:
-Castigator

Grey Knights:

HQ
-Librarian - ML3

Troops
-Terminator Squad – psycannon

Lords of War
-Kaldor Draigo

1845pts

The 3 games are kill points, the relic and the emperors will. I’m planning on putting Loth, the librarian, and Draigo in the cent squad. Loth will be taking Invisibility (and two other arbitrary powers), the librarian will go on divination and Draigo will be rocking gate.

So basically the majority of my points and offensive capabilities are tied up on 3 main units. Could be a problem but since one is invisible one is a flyer and one is a super heavy with 6 HP I think it’s not so bad.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Firstly, having used the Fire Raptor myself, it is awesome. Multiple weapons at multiple targets means it functions very well in an air superiority role, but also kills light vehicles, marines and hordes.

The cent star should be able to handle most other things but will be hard countered by a culexus. Not much you can do about that though, and you shouldn't run into all that many of them.

The Castigator is the only choice i'm not so sure of. In an all knight list, it gives you some AA, the ability to kill light vehicles at range, and anti-hordes in CC due to deflagrate. I'm not sure what its doing for you in your list that an ordinary knight isnt?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Castigator is the only choice i'm not so sure of. In an all knight list, it gives you some AA, the ability to kill light vehicles at range, and anti-hordes in CC due to deflagrate. I'm not sure what its doing for you in your list that an ordinary knight isnt?
Thanks for the reply. Normally i would agree with and run a Paladin you but i'm only allowed to take two detachments (probably should have mentioned that) and the Castigator is a LOW for Space Marines i took it instead. That being said its pretty good for only being 5pts more than a Paladin.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Normally i would agree with and run a Paladin you but i'm only allowed to take two detachments (probably should have mentioned that) and the Castigator is a LOW for Space Marines i took it instead. That being said its pretty good for only being 5pts more than a Paladin.
Ah, that explains it then. I didnt realise there was a limit on the number of detachments. If thats the case then I've no more suggestions to make. Good luck with the tournament then.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
The Castigator's the one with the Str10 AP2 Deflagrate sword, yes? If so, it's totally the best Knight you can buy.

I'd drop the meaningless Tactical Squads down to Scout Squads, who'll usually get the same saves with Go to Ground (which also means their offensive capabilites are the same as the BS discrepancy isn't a thing), and it'd free up some points to stick a Psycannon on the GKT to make them a bit more worthwhile. Other than that I quite like it for what it is.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Castigator's the one with the Str10 AP2 Deflagrate sword, yes? If so, it's totally the best Knight you can buy.
Yeah its pretty good. I don't know if I would go that far though. Not having a Heavy Stubber really hurts it. For me at least the Acheron holds that honor.

I'd drop the meaningless Tactical Squads down to Scout Squads
Good point. I'll make that change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts