Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I was wondering if I missed something in the SM Vanilla Codex. Is it really only Calgar and Lysander who have EW? I'd have thought that Kantor and He'Stan and most other SC would have them. This isn't for gaming issues only, it's that Cassius who has survived a Carnifex attack and being largely rebuilt with bionics doesn't have EW. This seems very odd. Is there some rule hidden away in the 'Dex or in the BRB that says they do? I don't mind if not, I don't use any SCs but I thought it was weird.

Midnight

·
Registered
948 Posts
No, only Calgar and Lysander have it, but to be honest just take lysander with ten TH/SS termys and then stick them in a land raider and they just wont die.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Abbadon has eternal warrior

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Abaddon has the same benefits of Eternal Warrior without the actual USR.

I don't think any Space Marine should have the Eternal Warrior USR, I can almost understand Calgar and Lysander having it, and Cassius' toughness is represented by his insane...toughness.

I don't understand why any human(ish) SC would have EW, just doesn't seem very fluffy.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Because Games Workshop won't stop shilling their pet characters. We're lucky the Smurf in Chief didn't get Dreadnaught CCW for the Gauntlets of Ultramar.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ah ole Calgar aint that bad. Just throw Old Zogwart on the field and get ready for one angry ultra-squig!

Then, to add insult to insult to injury, beat it to death with Gretchin. :grin:

Back on topic, i dont really mind that most SCs dont have Eternal Warrior. I understand it when something like a Daemon Prince has it, and i can see the justification for the Mega-hero (Abbadon, Calgar, ect) of an army having it, but beyond that it doesn't make much sense.

Although i wouldn't mind seeing a lesser version of it for other HQs, like instead of insta-death they take 2 wounds from hits double their toughness.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Because Games Workshop won't stop shilling their pet characters. We're lucky the Smurf in Chief didn't get Dreadnaught CCW for the Gauntlets of Ultramar.
C:SW has far more characters with EW than C:SM which has only 2 and only one of those is actually an UM. All codex chapters use teachings that the founder of the UM created, it makes sense that the characters from the book which most codex chapters would draw from would primarily include UM. Also, all those characters can be used as counts as models for most other chapters.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
SW could make simple HQ's EW though which is abit
I'm suprised Gabriel Seth didn't have EW-mean the guys always in the fight

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
SW could make simple HQ's EW though which is abit
I'm suprised Gabriel Seth didn't have EW-mean the guys always in the fight
He's young though, at least in relative terms. Plus he'd then be amazing at carving through units, far too amazing for his currently very modest points cost (which means he'd need to get more expensive and would probably be around 200 points).

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
You`d think at least one tyranid would have receive EW...

And I hope the necrons get it in some form. I mean, who`s more eternal than them?

·
Registered
674 Posts
C:SW has far more characters with EW than C:SM which has only 2 and only one of those is actually an UM. All codex chapters use teachings that the founder of the UM created, it makes sense that the characters from the book which most codex chapters would draw from would primarily include UM. Also, all those characters can be used as counts as models for most other chapters.
Well, it still reeks of Games Workshop's obsession. Would it have really been that hard to have the new special characters be from successor chapters or (Emperor forbid) a different first founding chapter?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well I understand why most SM charachters dont have it but I don`t understand why Dante doesnt. Like comon, he`s been alive for 1100+ years, that has to count for something.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The reason that uber characters like abbadon and marneus have EW is so that your 275pt HQ can't be killed in his first combat by a bloody tac sarge with a fist:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts