Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a set of the new assault marines and plan to build these with jet packs to make up a full squad as I have 6 models at present. I am very impressed with the set and how many spares there are with it

There are enough pieces to build 5 torsos with ordinary backpacks so if I bought some legs I could build a 5 man assault squad without jetpacks. I am also going to get the Ultramarines and Dark Angels upgrade sets to get extra shoulder pads.

My questions are would it be better to have 5 marines and a character model in a razorback or 10 marines in a rhino? Also if the razorback is the best solution which character model would be best to use with them.

Would it be better to use a chaplain with jetpack or the lord executioner model with the jetpack squad?

Thanks in advance - sorry to be asking so many questions recently.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Oldman78

My idea was to use 5 marines and a character without jump packs in a razorback or 10 in a rhino but might not be worth going the extra points for 10. I might use them as dark angels instead of ultras as I don't have as many da figures and no assault marines for them.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again Oldman78.

If I was going to use as Ultramarines I could use my captain with a command squad and razorback and as you suggest a chaplain with the on foot assault marines.

If I was to use them as Dark Angels I do not have a command squad as yet would you still advise a chaplain or in that case would a company master be better?

How would you kit out your sergeant assuming one of the other marines will have the eviscerator? I like the thought of a thunder hammer but it is very expensive points wise.

Sorry for so many questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.