Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is a 1000pt list i'm thinking of buying. Tell me what you think and any changes you'd suggest!
Thanks-Roujheh

HQ
Librarian 125pts
Jump pack. The gate of infinity, vortex of doom.

ELITES
Dreadnought 125pts
2 twin-linked autocannons.

Dreadnought 125pts

TROOPS
Razorback 50pts
Hunter killer missle.

Razorback 50pts
Hunter killer missle.

Tactical Squad(10) 205pts
Serg has a PF, flamer, lascannon.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Vindicator 115pts

So the libby is a kinda for fun. He will go in reserve then bust in and vortex the best target. Also with GOI in objective games he can jump a combat squad onto an objective late game. The 2 dreads are for some solid anti light armour, and not too bad for troop killing after the armour is gone. The vindi is for those pesky horde armies, and really andthing I feel like shooting it at since its s10 ap1. The 2 tack squads are set up to either stay in cover in a kil points game or combat squad in an objective game. The razorbacks are for more anti infantry and I got them since their 5pts more then a rhino, also the HKM were pts left over so I gave them some anti armour. Thats my sum up what I plan on using my units for. Thaks for having a look.

·
Registered
314 Posts
So this is a 1000pt list i'm thinking of buying. Tell me what you think and any changes you'd suggest!
Thanks-Roujheh

HQ
Librarian 125pts
Jump pack. The gate of infinity, vortex of doom.

No. You're plan for this is faulty, mainly in the fact that he can't shoot when he drops. No relentless. VoD only works with termilibs and bikelibs for this reason. That and he's a jumper, which doesn't synergies well with this list. So lose the pack and make it GoI/NZ. 25 points free.

ELITES
Dreadnought 125pts

Dreadnought 125pts

Good, kill Rhinos efficiently. They stay.

TROOPS
Razorback 50pts
Hunter killer missle.

Razorback 50pts
Hunter killer missle.

Ok in the future list these with the squads. Otherwise they should go las/plas.

Okay, lose the fists, you're not winning combat and it could screw you over by making you tie. Give sarge a combi (melta) and swap your flamers for meltas. ML for the heavy weapon. 65 points now.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Vindicator 115pts

Bad idea, single vindi dies fast(ie. turn one). Also vindis should always have DBs so you can go straight at him. Recommend a drop. 180 points.

So the libby is a kinda for fun. He will go in reserve then bust in and vortex the best target. Also with GOI in objective games he can jump a combat squad onto an objective late game. The 2 dreads are for some solid anti light armour, and not too bad for troop killing after the armour is gone. The vindi is for those pesky horde armies, and really andthing I feel like shooting it at since its s10 ap1. The 2 tack squads are set up to either stay in cover in a kil points game or combat squad in an objective game. The razorbacks are for more anti infantry and I got them since their 5pts more then a rhino, also the HKM were pts left over so I gave them some anti armour. Thats my sum up what I plan on using my units for. Thaks for having a look.
Okay, so 180 points to play with, not bad. That said, dropping the tacs down to 5 man and losing the special weapons isn't a bad move here, and saves you a further 170 points. so 350 points. First thing is to upgrade both RBs to Las/Plas, there goes 70 points, 280 to go. Adding in another tac squad with combi-melt and Las/Plas back w/HKM brings us down to 95 left. 2 options here, you can either go with a typhoon speeder and give one of your sarges MBs, or a dakka pread and 2x MBs. Personally I'd go for the speeder but thats just my opinion. So to recap you end up with this:

HQ
Libby w/ NZ&GoI

Elites
Rifleman dread

Elites
Rifleman dread

Troops
(5) tac squad
w/ combi melta
RB w/ Las/Plas, HKM

Troops
(5) tac squad
w/ combi melta, MBs
RB w/ Las/Plas, HKM

Troops
(5) tac squad
w/ combi melta, MBs
RB w/ Las/Plas, HKM

HS
Dakka Pread

Sits back and shoots stuff, pretty simple. PM me if you have any questions.
Good Hunting,
Raptors8th

1 - 2 of 2 Posts