Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Today I decided to check out the new Space Marine trailer from E3. Putting aside an prejudices I have with 40k FPSs (*Cough* Fire warrior *Cough*) I gave the trailer a quick analysis.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
What analysis? you just said you looked at the trailer, thats not analysing it :p

That, and this has already been up in the News and Rumours forum for like a week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually I kinda did, I showed-

vehicles in the game-

Valkyrie, killercan/dreadnought

Space marine weapons-

chainsword, bolt pistol, hammer, bolter

space marine weapon attachments-

scope, exotic rounds

and the list goes on

·
Registered
247 Posts
I liked firewarrior, but oh well.

I hope it's not fps, not with a combat weapon like the chainsword. 1st person does not work with melee.

·
Registered
47 Posts
nope not confirmed as third person shooter (ala gears) that was poo-poo'ed about 3 months after they said it!
I think i heard the words 'interactive' and 'rpg' banded about alot, but still nothing clears been said by the publishers!

Edit: just re-checked it says action RPG, so maybe like fallout or craps effect? Well at the very least it doesn't sound like shooting is the core mechanic. Which pretty much make this a disappointment.

All I've wanted since GOW came out is Gears with spacemarines!

Bah!!!!! All that promise gone to waste................will still buy it though..............lol!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope not confirmed as third person shooter (ala gears) that was poo-poo'ed about 3 months after they said it!
I think i heard the words 'interactive' and 'rpg' banded about alot, but still nothing clears been said by the publishers!

Edit: just re-checked it says action RPG, so maybe like fallout or craps effect? Well at the very least it doesn't sound like shooting is the core mechanic. Which pretty much make this a disappointment.

All I've wanted since GOW came out is Gears with spacemarines!

Bah!!!!! All that promise gone to waste................will still buy it though..............lol!
whoa whoa whoa. what did you just say about mass effect...

·
Registered
475 Posts
please be good...please have multiplayer...please come soon...please keep true to your promise and dont make me play as the smurfs...let me choose which chapter i want relic...thats all i ask.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
when the hell is this coming out anyway this trailor has been around forever.

You know its gonna be smurfs if it wasnt smurfs it would be blood ravens

WHY ORKS DAMMIT!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think its coming out 2011 maybe

but hey if I know relic and THQ well enough the reason for whatever was happening on the planet was probably the (*gasp*) eldar.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Damn Eldar i swear if they were chaos they be in bed with tzeench... all the do whine and bitch about how they know the future. Really if they new the future then maybe you should listen to each other and maybe you wouldnt be dying off...

·
Registered
475 Posts
[email protected] i belive (maybe just 360). When relic first showed this game they said that the smurfs were just a placeholder and you could pick your chapter....though i doubt they eill stay true to that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I saw an interview from E3 the other day and the guy claimed that characters would be fully customizable and that they wanted to retain the customizable feel of the tabletop game. It wouldn't bother me too much if they just used smurfs, it's better than Blood Ravens and then at least the story could have some real texture to it, versus playing through the game with my Dark Angels marine and never hearing about any DA fluff.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's for 360, PS3 and PC. I think their is online too which means some sort of multiplayer, be it a skirmish type thing or a co-op campaign. Very Excited.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts