Dreadnought... 130pts

- Extra Armour
- Assault Cannon

Ironclad Dreadnought... 155pts

- 2 Hunter Killer Missiles

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
It's a nice list, but I can see it failing quite massively... Lack of Troops means you're at risk of not claiming objectives. But I guess having the backing from all those Tanks and Dreads is a good thing. But I do think Lack of troops might hold you back :).

I do like the list, and might have to steal it ;D

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I thought about that as well, and it is the lists biggest weakness, as it risks ruining it all... But I am counting on the Tanks and Dreads to keep the enemy at bay, and protect my troops to the last, and then they Rhino rush to the objectives to claim/contest them.

But an other possibility would be to increase it to 2000pts...

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Well, I thought about that as well, and it is the lists biggest weakness, as it risks ruining it all... But I am counting on the Tanks and Dreads to keep the enemy at bay, and protect my troops to the last, and then they Rhino rush to the objectives to claim/contest them.

But an other possibility would be to increase it to 2000pts...
Yeah, thats one option. And cheers for the rep btw! :D.

Thats a nice way to do it, but I always find that troop choices are the first to get targetted. I think its a nice tactic, but I always find that my rhinos are the first to go :p. I think your tactic really relies on you getting first turn, or at least putting the rhinos behind your dreads/tanks.

I might play a 2000pts version of this, with more troops (namely some more tactical marines xD)

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, digging in somewhere and sitting there, firing with everything, having the Master of the Forge run around repairing everything, maybe give him five servitors with servo arms to make it an uber succes...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I say you should leave out the whirl wind because they aren't that great and put the master of the forge on a bike to give him more mobility and put extras and stuff with the rest of the points.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Whoa, this list looks like so much fun to play. First off, I don't think you'd be in too much spots of trouble as far as objective games go, for you could always contest objectives with the dreads and go for the gentleman's tie.

I feel as though the whirlwind could be dropped and taken for something a little more threatening. Perhaps by dropping the whirlwind and some of the other bits on the las predator you could afford a second predator with the auto-las weapons layout?

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
I suppose I'll be the dissenter here and say that this isn't a very competitive list. It does look like a fun list but it presents clear priority targets that will drop in the first one or two turns and then you are finished. All that I would pretty much be afraid of is the lone vindi and the fully kitted out pred (which is way overpriced btw) and both would be gone very quickly with weak side armor.

I don't play SM but it looks like you have a lot of extra stuff you can cut out to make the list a little more mean while keeping the same theme. All the storm bolters, extra armors, and dozer blades are fairly unnecessary and can give you more points toward another troop choice.

I've found whirlwinds to be lackluster at best and another vindi (which are best fielded in two or more) would help a lot. Also, what is the purpose of all the dreads being different? I think three regular dreads would serve the same purpose and save you a heap of points.

You are also going to have a lot of trouble dealing with AV14 with the small amount of lascannons you have and the single vindi. Maybe you could make one of your dreads a MM drop pod one or equip your troops with meltaguns.

Again, I don't play the regular SM codex but hopefully this can make your list a little more dangerous to play against while keeping the same armored theme.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts