Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
4,491 Posts
Move models, roll dice, remove casualties.

Seriously though, it depends on what chapter you play, and what you include in your army.

These days the norm seems to be Vulkan and TH/SS Termies in a LR, land speeders, and dreads in pods.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I play White Scars, and I am in the middle of starting a Blood Angel army.

My Scars, I play similar to a fast and slow list (as mentioned on 3++ blog).
Com squad bikes, bike squad, LS ers, and LSS hammer the enemy as my tanks (pred, and 2 vindis) and tact squad slowly move the anvil into place.

My BA army that I am starting is all jumpers. Depending on enemy, will deep strike in or start on the board. Move in fast on the weak flank and attempt to perform a windshield wipe on their army.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
You could try going to the Tactica of the forum and look at all the different threads on playing space marines here Tactica Section and if that don't work try the Tactica Articals section in that same area.

A little searching around the forums will give you the answers you seek.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You could try going to the Tactica of the forum and look at all the different threads on playing space marines here Tactica Section and if that don't work try the Tactica Articals section in that same area.

A little searching around the forums will give you the answers you seek.

I dont think he was asking for advice on how to play his Marines, just generally wondering on how others played theirs.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Good topic!

Assaulty Space Wolves - Shoot the piss out of my opponent and then clean up with assaults. Tend to deploy centrally.

Shooty Space Wolves (razorspam-ish) - Shoot a lot and look to refused flank. Go second and sniper tanks all game with the TL Las.

Regular Space Marines - Torrent of Fire - use a firebase piece of terrain for my squads on foot.

Space Marines with Termies - run the LR down thier throat... most everybody else hangs back and looks to form a V off o my opponent's deployment to get side shots.

Space Mariens with Vindis - similar to termies, except that it's vindis going down the center.

With all of the lists, I look for the terrain to help me get an overload on my opponent (ie more of my stuff shooting at them than they can put on me) Also, given my lists, I'm rarely at a deficit in "things that shoot"

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I run what i think is a crimson fist like build. I'm running a lot of power in the back field while sternguard run the mid field in rhinos, 11x combimelta and a librarian, hopefully popping tanks and termies (my buddy runs 15), and definitely bodyguard to razorback tac squads when necessary. I have future plans of integrating many many landspeeders, i love those things.

·
Registered
159 Posts
just find what you find fun. For example i'm a super tread head. So I love taking 2 or 3 vindicators and moving them up and blasting away. If i can squeeze in a land raider pointwise i do stuff and just have it truck through enemy fire. I take dreadnoughts with drop pods to annoy them, and give long range fire support. But at the end of the day i don't actually keep a standard army and rotate my style at the club to keep it fresh and fun. today i played with a super shooty army. 3 weeks ago i used bikes, although i never do for tournaments. and for my tournament this upcoming weekend i'm using an assualt troop assualt with chaplains.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty good guys, how bout some more posts?! I know there about about 1000 of you out there looking in. Don't be shy now we're all noobs in some form or another!

Seriously, I don't mind being a noob. When changing a baby diaper she's the l337 one and that's great! :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well with my Nurgle army I try to adopt an Impi's horns approach which is basically two fast moving flanks (plague marines in rhinos) move up the sides and then towards the middle to meet the enemy while a solid base moves straight up the middle.

I guess it's just me getting back to my South African roots:grin:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whats it like playing plague marines bushido? i like them and am even tempted to play them sometime, but dont really know anything about their strengths and weaknesses.

·
Registered
246 Posts
@ lsarofeen

It just freaking amazing. In short it's the true elite army of 40k using minimal units to do the same job as hordes of other armies, and they just don't die. I don't think this is the thread to have this conversation, but if you pm me I will give a full run down on tactics, units, ect if you want.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts