Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
I`m not aware of any fluff which positively states that aspirants would not be grouped to a squad at some point in their "careers" so to speak. But I don`t think they`d have specific markings. Then again I could be wrong.

Also, in my opinion, such conversions deserve more prestige than a mere tactical squad. Sternguard perhaps? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
True, but the Blood Angels are not as strict adherants as the boys in blue are, so we have a little bit of leniency.

Besides, as homebrews go, this one makes enough sense to work imo. Believe me, I have seen some batshit crazy conversions in a few armies and the fluff behind them is even more ludicrous.

But not everyone takes fluff as seriously as me, and I likewise am not as close minded as others...

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Supposing you divide them? The combat oriented roles in a vanguard squad, the shooty ones as sternguard?

That way your conversions will be suitable to their roles.

On the fluff side, the tech guy doesn`t have to be in training. Perhaps he is just now developing an interest in machines, and has formed a kind of comaraderie with one of the techmarines, learning a few things informally while he decides whether or not to transfer to Mars?

A similar story might work with the sanguinary priest, and the aspiring sergeants are simply looking to prove themselves worthy of promotion.

I cannot remember the source for this, so it may not be codex relevant, but I`m pretty sure aspiring librarians still spend at least a portion of their careers attached to a squad. Don`t quote me on that though, I think it`s space wolf related...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts