Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first try at a diy and i have a few questions about things i cant find on my own and questions about how legit some of my chapters fluff is.

Questions to help

1a)My chapters storys ( i Write them) is based on battles i have with my brother and cousin, they play as Orks and chaos marines as well as my friends tau. So my question is where could i place my world in the universe to fight such threats?

2a)I cant decide if it is more fitting to have my world a deathworld or a raving hive world. I like my chapter to be very wise and strategic, but i want that tough old marines, maybe a mix of both? opinions?

3a)I dont know who to say the geneseed is from, i hear that its hard to get if from ultramarines but does that mean the chapters created from the ultramarine stock after horus are available for taking some geneseed to create new marine chapters? Plus are there any chapters where there is a history of knowledge importance?

4a) im not very good with ships in 40k but can a strike cruiser hold an entire space marine company? If not what other ship can?

5a) Finally can a space marine chapter have the same paint scheme as a chaos warband? my marines are red with silver trim (if you can guess you are a passing 40k fan).

after these have been answered ill be able to post the fluff more accuratly(big spelling errors i know but my spell check wont work)

Homeworld: Tellix
-Deathworld that looks like the grand canyon mixed with a dense jungle all over
-Recruit from the local stock of nomads on the world

Chapter Name:Fire Owls
-It toook me a long time to pick a name and i like this because the fire to me represents purge and the owl to me represents wisdom. does this seem like a good name?
-Specialize in stealth attacks, storming compounds/bases, and defense
-take a great interest in saving the lifes of citizens
-paticular hate for chaos and xeno filth

ok thats the basics.... tear at it:read:

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
1 - Incidentally, various Ork Waaagh!s, the Tau Empire, and the Maelstrom are all in Ultima Segmentum. Perhaps placing your chapter somewhere in the middle will help with that. For reference:

http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/spacemap/map.html

2 - A chapter will probably get stronger recruits from a Death World, but it's not entirely impossible to find recruits on a Hive World. It's also less likely the Ecclesiarchy will maintain a presence on a Death World.

3 - I know of at least one homebrew chapter that's descended from an Ultramarines successor chapter, so it's possible, certainly. However, the only chapter off the top of my head who places value on knowledge would be the Blood Ravens, and they don't know anything regarding their founding.

4 - Yes, a Strike Cruiser can hold up to a full company of Space Marines.

5 - Are you talking about the Apostles of MinthRas? Technically, it's possible, but I wouldn't make the color scheme too identical.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1a)thanks i was thinking the same thing over near the tau because of there lack of space travel.

2a) what does the Ecclesiarchy have to do with starting a homeworld for the space marines? my idea of teh citizens on the world are like that of the salamanders, some cities and wandering tribes

3a) i just thought it was impossible to get geneseed from the original legions anymore

4a) Could a strike cruiser also hold thunderhawks and vehicles such as landraiders and so on

5a) No im talking about the Word Bearers

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
2a) what does the Ecclesiarchy have to do with starting a homeworld for the space marines? my idea of teh citizens on the world are like that of the salamanders, some cities and wandering tribes
Generally, fuck all. The Ecclesiarchy are just do with faith, and have no "power" in the sense that the administratum holds the key to the armed forces, and also that Space Marines are largely autonomous (answering only the Lord High Custodian and Lord of the Administratum - the Bodyguard to the Emperor and his representative on the council of 12, and the head of the entire armed forces of the Imperium), with a new chapter forming only on the whim of them.

3a) i just thought it was impossible to get geneseed from the original legions anymore
Nope. That's the reasoning behind the Geneseed tithe. The tithe ensures no corruption, and that there's a stock that can be used to create a new chapter using the experiences and strengths of the preceeding generations.

4a) Could a strike cruiser also hold thunderhawks and vehicles such as landraiders and so on
Yes, there's a Thunderhawk variant which carries two Rhino's (not sure about variants, r.e Predators, Damocles, or Razorbacks), or a Land Raider (I'm guessing accepts all variants except Helios).

5a) No im talking about the Word Bearers
Can't see why not. There's only so many colours, and so many Traitor Legions/Warbands/Renegades - and the Mentor Legion is reasonably similar to pre Heresy Death Guard, while Post Heresy Death Guard are similar to post Badab War Raptors

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts