Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
About XBL; the game is very much in there. Downloading it right now.
>Goes to XBL to download
>Gets excited when I see the demo there
>Only has an XBL Silver account
>Gets all mightily pissed off when I see the "Only for XBL Gold members" part

FFFFFFUUUUUU!!!!!!! :ireful2:

Now I have to wait for the actual game to come out to play it :(

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
>Goes to XBL to download

of coarse, alot of the demos require gold. thats why I usually keep a monthly sub. if I know im gunna want to game on my 360 anyway occasionally (halo reach)

·
Banned
3 Posts
I've made a sexy 1080p HD gameplay clip up showing off the PC demo guys. Check it out. This games look's like it's going to be fantastic.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Its was ok. .I was expecting a Gears of war feeling but nothing to special but I did love charging into a horde of raging orcs and slashing them to bits!

I hope they come out with a MP demo before I make my decision.
To be honest that's why I want it. lol
the MP might be amazing, might suck, it comes down to how they make the maps and the 'modes'

if they try any stupid modes that dont fit 40k it will be a shame

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
I deem this game orgasmic, I was surprised that it actually worked on my computer :p Not only that, it worked flawlessly :D

Jump pack never gets old :p Gonna pre order it through Steam(I hate this program) today or tomorrow and than waste my time with the free darksiders copy I receive from steam for pre ordering XD

·
Registered
507 Posts
Its was ok. .I was expecting a Gears of war feeling but nothing to special but I did love charging into a horde of raging orcs and slashing them to bits!

I hope they come out with a MP demo before I make my decision.
To be honest that's why I want it. lol
Tried short demo yesterday and guess it was ok. Just little bit too much action with not so much things to see. Hope there will be good actual story behind this and not just kill, 10 sec pause, kill kill kill. Gears of War shined in this area, it had very memorable moments throughout the game. I was expecting some things to see ie. look out of window and see battle raging but it seemed you mostly alone.

I dont care about multiplayer at all, unless theres co-op play with friends through the campaign.

Too short demo to make any of it.

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
I palyed throught both levels three times, LOVE IT! I'm betting the bakc story will be better the inquisitor portion hinted at it. Can't wait to have Sept 6th off and sit on the couch all day doing nothing but Space Marine!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
>Goes to XBL to download

That sucks mate. :(

And you cant play it on the comp eighter?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
the MP might be amazing, might suck, it comes down to how they make the maps and the 'modes'

if they try any stupid modes that dont fit 40k it will be a shame
According to the many multiplayer vids I've watche don youtube there will only be two game modes: annihilation (team deathmatch) and seize ground (basically domination).

I was a bit disapointed there are only two modes. They both look amazing though, but I was hoping for a wide range like gears has. A Guardian style mode would have worked so well I think. Then again I haven't played the MP so I could be totally wrong.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I would not be surprised if they gave us more game modes later on, since they have promises both paid and free DLC. I mean, free for all or something. Capture the flag. Everything is possible.

Nobody knows how much I want this game. Although Doelago probably wants it more :p.
On that one, your correct.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Been playing the demo all day and man do i love it. for me the controls feel pretty tight (ps3) and i think the weapons feel perfect. The bolter feels powerful, and yes ive read what some people have said about it, but it feels right, espically when orks are meant to be tough sons of b****s and even in the books and fluff it takes a few bolter rounds to down them. The blood and gore help the combat feel satisfying. Watching a ork turn into chunky giblets as i unloaded bolter rounds into a group of them never gets old. The melee combat wasnt too bad. While i do hope the actual game gives some more variety when it comes to both melee weapons and the moves then ill be happy. It also didnt feel like you needed to rely on combat to win. I was able to ether mix and match ranged with melee. I was able to just shoot my way through one play thru of the first level, even with the nobs. While yes it is a bit linear, but as everyone else has already said, what shooter isnt these days. I also like all the small things that make the game truly great for me so far. Like how the controller vibrates slightly which each step and with each bolter round fired. It helped with the immersion because it seemed to reinforce the weight and power of both Titus and the weapons. All in all the demo was fun, which for me is the only true factor to liking a game, if its fun or not. And man am i ready for the full game to come out.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Well I have it preordered already :D So now I am wasting my time with darksiders that I got for free because I pre ordered on steam lol.

There is only one thing which irritates me about Space Marine. Customization, seriously more than a billion options? Urgh!!! I will never play the game in this rate, I will be customizing forever!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
best moment for me was in the middle section of the ground level, when your walking around the planking theres a right turn and an ork at the top of the platform, after lighting up the other ork across the open space, i turned around the corner with the "sniper bolter" zoomed in on the orks head and ended him, which causes a glorious gory explosion, then i noticed that there was a bullet dent in the wall behind the ork, that made the weapon feel real to me... I cant remember what calliber the bolter is supose to be... but heres a fun video of .50 calliber used on a watermelon

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
best moment for me was in the middle section of the ground level, when your walking around the planking theres a right turn and an ork at the top of the platform, after lighting up the other ork across the open space, i turned around the corner with the "sniper bolter" zoomed in on the orks head and ended him, which causes a glorious gory explosion, then i noticed that there was a bullet dent in the wall behind the ork, that made the weapon feel real to me... I cant remember what calliber the bolter is supose to be... but heres a fun video of .50 calliber used on a watermelon 50 Cal vs Watermelons Super Slow Motion - YouTube
Standard bolter is .75 heavy is 1.00

I want storm bolter and powersword naow.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts