Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick fluff Question.

In the SM Codex it breaks down each of the Companies as per the Codex Astartes. It states each of the reserve companies also have sub-specialities such as deploying as full Bike Squadrons or Land Speeder Sqn's, it doesn't however state who crews the Chapters Heavy Armour. I says Land Speeders are generally held by the 1st Coy, with each of the Battle Coy's holding a stock of Rhinos but what about the other heavy armour? I'm assuming they are crewed by other Space Marines and not Servitors?

Cheers!

Bayonet

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
In the Space Marine codex it has a quote from a Brother-Sergeant who leads a...whirlwind, I think?

Whether or not the rest of the crew are Space Marines, though, remains up in the air. With BS4, I assume the rest of the crew is Space Marines, however.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Actually, I was reading the Imperial Armor Volume 2 and stumbled upon this:

"The crews for all armored vehicles are all full Space Marines...Most crews are drawn from the Tactical Squads of the Chapter's sixth and seventh Companies."

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
and also there is usually a tech marine with them

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
and also there is usually a tech marine with them
I have my doults any chapter has enough Techmarines to put one in every, or even most,vehicles. Maybe, just maybe one could be in each Land Raider they have but that would leave all the other vehicles untended. I don't know for sure but I'd say 2 to 3 Techmarines per company would be about right.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have my doults any chapter has enough Techmarines to put one in every, or even most,vehicles. Maybe, just maybe one could be in each Land Raider they have but that would leave all the other vehicles untended. I don't know for sure but I'd say 2 to 3 Techmarines per company would be about right.
well like a lower version of a Techmarine

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
well like a lower version of a Techmarine
Gottcha, I feel you there. At least one member, if not all, of the crew would certainly be trained in basic maintence and repair. I see SM as far to practical to get caught up in the whole "only Techpriest can work on machines" mumbo jumbo. I'm sure the Techmarines have assistents and basicly train other crewmen to help with the maintence.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I always figured (since I don't ever remember reading anywhere about it) that there had to be an in-between step from Marine to Techmarine. I just thought it felt right for that in-between step to be the guy that drives stuff.

·
Registered
365 Posts
As far as I can tell the vehicle crews aren't actually members of a specific company unless their vehicle is. They're pseudo-techmarines, having undergone formal training with the Adeptus Mechanicus, and their armour is traditionally red with the Chapter icon and colours on the left pauldron.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
As far as I can tell the vehicle crews aren't actually members of a specific company unless their vehicle is. They're pseudo-techmarines, having undergone formal training with the Adeptus Mechanicus, and their armour is traditionally red with the Chapter icon and colours on the left pauldron.
I totally agree with you... :eek:k:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts