Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty paranoid since addition of flyers (damn you Heldrakes :p) and I'm thinking what would do the best job of clearing airspace while providing some support to ground forces when there is no air target. I was mainly thinking of double Hunters vs a single Stormtalon with Lascannons as they cost the same but I heard some interesting opinions of their usfulness. I would love to hear Your opinion in that matter though (ideally supported with personal experience - I just love hearing about unit uses on the actual battlefield :p).

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well... There is no indication od having penalty for shooting a ground target. There is just a paragraph at the Skyspear Missile rule saying that special ability of missile apply only to flyers (the 5+ ability to catch target if missed) so I think it's normal BS.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Typically sky fire weapons only shoot at full bs when shooting flyers in 7th. It's why I am asking.
Indeed You are right. I just skimmed over the top of Hunter rules and did not even bothered to open 7th edition rulebook. He fires only snapshots at ground targets, which is a bit usless... Guess that answers my question - Stormtalon it is.

As for Heldarkes - I was completely ruined when faced this stupid dinobot few weeks after their addition.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What would You think of bare Stormtalon with Assault Cannon and Heavy Bolter? They would be relatively cheap allowing me to bring them in tandems while Assault Cannon and their mobility would be main threat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.