Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, time to reset your watches kids.

More seriously these come from Arthurius11 on Warseer who batted near 100% on Dark Elf rumor stuff. The following rumor is regarding the upcoming release schedule:

The only thing I have heard about at this moment for this month is space hulk which is not fantasy related anyway.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Don't see it myself. It's not that long since the last edition. Unless it's the computer game.
The last limited run sold out pretty damn quick, sold well and is now a few years in the past,
so throw in a couple of new models (gets you around the limited edition never again available spiel)

et voila= cha-ching £££$$$

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
the last edition sold out very fast and demands easy double the original cost on ebay, plus its the 25th anniversary this year, so its not out of the realms of possibility to see it reissued, its been five years after all.... i wouldnt bet against it at this point, with the changes GW have made in the last 18 months anything is possible, could even be a upgraded version with more stuff in the box or new unit types or even loyalist versus traitors? never say never when it comes to GW

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
This could very well be the precursor to the release of the 7th Edition Blood Angels Codex, new models, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera... similar vein to having the Limited Edition Storm Claw set prior to the Space Wolves release!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Would love to see new edition. Still got original and deathwing expansion and its been my alltime favourite gw game. Didnt like Genestealer expansion though.

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
I don't think they will be another space hulk or anything like that cause it's been three years sense a one off game like that was made. I would love it if they made another blood bowl though, additionally Wasn't there a rumour about blood angels coming with dark Eldar in a stormclaw kind of thing a while ago, if it was that id have to find a friend to 50/50

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Wasn't there a rumour about blood angels coming with dark Eldar in a stormclaw kind of thing a while ago
That would be cool as fuck. I've always liked DE....

As for more Space Hulk: GIMME THAT. I've got the 2nd edition game but am missing all the Genestealers and 5 of the Terminators. Don't think there was a Librarian or Broodlord in that one. I've often been tempted to buy 3rd edition, but god damn it's expensive off eBay. There's...ways of getting the models otherwise that's more cost effective, but I want the whole game!

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From BoLS:

via energongoodie 4-8-2014

So some people have their white dwarf.

It is a re-release but with extras.

$125USD or €100/£75
English only this time around. No translations
Limited Re-release from the 2009 edition but with
-4 new scenarios
-The box contains new counters (boarding torpedoes, breach counters, damaged control room and turbo lift tiles)Box

Contents
35 Easy fit models
22 Genestealers, 1 Broodlord and 12 Space Marine Terminators.
189 board sections and gaming counters.
1 x Rulebook and 1 x Mission book containing 16 scenarios including 4 new ones.

·
Registered
393 Posts
the last edition sold out very fast and demands easy double the original cost on ebay, plus its the 25th anniversary this year, so its not out of the realms of possibility to see it reissued, its been five years after all.... i wouldnt bet against it at this point, with the changes GW have made in the last 18 months anything is possible, could even be a upgraded version with more stuff in the box or new unit types or even loyalist versus traitors? never say never when it comes to GW
Good grief has it been that long already...... :shok:

on the upside this will make a nice b-day treat for me

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's been no hinting of an actual release date right? It also sounds like the last one sold out fast; generally what are the odds of being able to purchase something like this before they're all gone? Did it sell out in days, months? Sorry for the dumb questions but I wasn't really into 40k the last time the game was made.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
There's been no hinting of an actual release date right? It also sounds like the last one sold out fast; generally what are the odds of being able to purchase something like this before they're all gone? Did it sell out in days, months? Sorry for the dumb questions but I wasn't really into 40k the last time the game was made.
the online stock went pretty quickly less than a week and most stores sold out about a week after release, i personally sold 20 copies and kept three, but back then the market was different, we didnt have anything like the number of sets of terminator armour that we do now, so the blood angels were highly sought after selling for between £5 and £15 each mini, so people picked up the set just for the minis and dumped the game rules and board on ebay for peanuts, which was great because if you were a fan of the game you could cheaply expand your set or pick them up and use the minis you already owned instead of the minis in the box.

i would say to anyone who has never played the game , buy it, seriously buy it, leave the minis alone and play a few games with proxies, if you love it take the minis off the sprue and enjoy it, if you dont like sell the models and get your money back.
pictures from latst white dwarf
http://grotorderly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/white-dwarf-space-hulk.html

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
i would say to anyone who has never played the game , buy it, seriously buy it, leave the minis alone and play a few games with proxies, if you love it take the minis off the sprue and enjoy it, if you dont like sell the models and get your money back.
Agreed. It really is a great game, and anyone who hasn't played it should try and pick up a box.

Personally if you're not a BA player I'd sell the termies any way, and make the termies from the standard termie boxes. That way you can paint them up to suit your own SM army, and magnetise them onto 40mm bases so you can use them for both systems.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Awesome thanks for the info! I set a reminder for Saturday so I'll probably pre order as soon as possible. Are the minis the same size as normal terminators from a box? I'm guessing you'd want to magnetize them because the bases will be smaller than normal, correct?

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Awesome thanks for the info! I set a reminder for Saturday so I'll probably pre order as soon as possible. Are the minis the same size as normal terminators from a box? I'm guessing you'd want to magnetize them because the bases will be smaller than normal, correct?
They are the same size as normal termies. They come on their own small integral bases. The 40mm bases wouldn't fit on the board as it's a square based game, but magnetising them would be no big deal.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts