1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
oh my god. i just came.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks pre-rendered. Much as I love the idea we need to se gameplay. Unreal engine is good in that it is stable and a good basis for building on, but it needs to feel fun. The reason I think Space Hulk works as a turn based thing is that it is cramped, constricted, needs planning. As an FPS if it is just hosing 'stealers as they approach down a corridor, with the major fear being you faced the wrong way, then it may not be so fun.

FPS games tend to stress fluid, fast, slick. Termies are none of those. They are hulking tanks with legs.

I am hopeful but not yet convinced.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
on thegame site there is some more teaser and on youtube there is already some gameplay from a guy who bought it

·
Registered
443 Posts
I can't find gameplay video, just gameplay of a Left4Dead2 mod on the same theme. The vid above is listed as ingame some places, but as one article said "After all, in-game can mean engine-driven cut-scenes" . I'd kinda like to see a HUD and an idea of the feel and movement.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I saw this the other day and just about shit myself with excitement. Space Hulk and a FPS? So much yes.

As an FPS if it is just hosing 'stealers as they approach down a corridor, with the major fear being you faced the wrong way, then it may not be so fun.
In every FPS I've played it's always always been necessary to have a 360 degree awareness, I don't see how Space Hulk would be any different from that thrill of 'of fuck, I haven't looked behind me in a minute'; if anything I would say in that cramped low light setting with a slow moving character it would be even more intense.

I'm getting pretty amped just thinking about gameplay. Holy crap.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Looks cool but who knows how good it will actually be? I have the first gen space hulk for pc, and it was clunky. I played the second one and while it looked a lot better I recall it was really easy. (Shoot shoot, tap space bar top smash genestealer with powerfist, repeat.)

Predictions anyone?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think I will wait for some more concrete gameplay trailers before making a decision.

If it plays somewhat more like a slower Dead Space-esque experience with possible local/online coop multiplayer that would be good. I find the asymmetric combat for versus type multiplayer doesn't really work well.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Multiplayer would be a big bonus.

...I find the asymmetric combat for versus type multiplayer doesn't really work well.
I tend to agree. The only aliens vs. Predator game had some neat multiplayer possibilities, but it really wasn't an even match up. Deathmatch would always go in the favor of the predators.

The only way that might work is if there is a points total and different player types tally up to different amounts. Rather like Titanfall's Attrition game type, where npc's are 1 point, players are 4 points, and titans are 5 points.

If a stealer is 1 point and they regenerate lives, but terminators don't, or regenerate much slower and they're say 10 points it might work. The match ends at 100 points or so.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts