Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
who the hell choose the soundtrack? a deaf mongo with nails in the head? (aka Angron)
Besides, epic trailer (mute it and it becomes twice as good)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Bloody hell. That's pretty much one of the most awesome 40k cinematics that I've ever seen...
It's not exactly hard, a few coconuts and a coat hanger would make a better trailer then 95% of the current ones

who the hell choose the soundtrack?
skippy the kangaroo

·
Registered
350 Posts
Awesome trailer! The music was an interesting choice. Kinda gives u the feeling of a deathwing squad's final stand.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
the Terminator with the flamer looks like he has a psychic hood on.

Also, I think the soundtrack is supposed to elicit thoughts of the Alamo....?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
The soundtrack selection reminds me of something between the opening music in a Bond film and the sort of music in Tarantino movie. I'm not sold on it, but it was an adventurous choice.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The music seems to be going for a dissonance effect, like how Fallout has nothing but cheery jazz songs (I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle!) playing over blasted atomic landscape filled with super mutants that want to eat your face. I kinda like.

any one know what that green plasma cannon is? it seems different from the blue plasma one in both projectile and gun model.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I agree, the music offsets the environment. Plus it makes a change from the expected Speed metal soundtrack, which would have been fine, but strangely probably not as effective.
I really enjoyed the original game, and bought all the expansions, so will probably do the same with this.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Love it. The music makes it not just yet another trailer with metal or 'heroic' movie music. The shifting pace also lets them do the slowmo-to-fast thing really well. Whoever directed that trailer was one clever puppy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Love it. The music makes it not just yet another trailer with metal or 'heroic' movie music. The shifting pace also lets them do the slowmo-to-fast thing really well. Whoever directed that trailer was one clever puppy.
Agreed. There's only so many heroic trailer (and trailer soundtracks) rehashes I can stand and this did something a little bit outside the box. Keen to see gameplay vids soon

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Looks like they decided to up the budget for their trailers. Much better than the usual in-game captures.
Aye, the budget now stands at £5 per trailer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts