Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well if u see anything funny let me know.

HQ
chaptermatser
in termi armour
master of the forge

TROOP
3 ten man tactical with bolters plasma/srgnt power fist

ELITES
3 dreads with lascannons

HEAVY
3 dreads with lascannos

FAST
1 ten man assualt with bolt pistols and chain swords/srgnt with power fist and bolt pistol.(no jump packs)

DEDICATED
4 rhinos
1st three will have the 3 ten man tactical and the fourth will have the assualt squad.

this is what i want to run in my soul drinker army if this sounds funny let me know. thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you making it by fluff or just using the colors?

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
If this is for 1500 points, then I think you're a "little bit" light on firepower and just a little heavy on troops. If this is a 2K list then you need to make some changes to be competative.

BTW - It's totally OK to say the number of points you have in the list/units ... just don't list out the cost of wargear (ie melta bomb is x points)

I think you could drop a troop choice for 2 Typhoons - which would give you more punch.

I would give your assault squad sgt a powerclaw to be more book like (if I'm remembering correctly) - and it's not that much more in terms of points.

BTW, I dig the concept... Loved the books...

·
Registered
18 Posts
looks good to me, the only change i would suggest is to give the assault squad jump packs rather than putting them in a rhino.

just because you are then making better use of their speed.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
looks good to me, the only change i would suggest is to give the assault squad jump packs rather than putting them in a rhino.

just because you are then making better use of their speed.
I disagree... Jumpers are not that good for Codex Marines... they don't get the melta option like the BA. Because of that, they are really only good for trashing light units once you've shot them a bit... and all the while, you've got to protect them from getting shot to pieces cause they've got no ride.... Also, they can't score like the BA can... And they take up a spot in the FoC that is better filled by a speeder.

·
Registered
386 Posts
toteld up to 2010 in my brief count.
the chapter master seems to be there just to stand in th back and shoot the on-off strike. he cant keep up with rhinos. MoTF does nothing but open the dread slots. unless you aim to have a dread fire base and him to keep it running, getting him a conversion beamer would be nice. get rid of the chapter master, and get a vindicator instead. much scarier, takes the heat off the rhinos, and packs a similar punch. also. melta is king. out it in the tac squads instead of plasma guns.
edit:
if you have the points, give the assault marines a pair of flamers. two templates would soften up most thing they'll have to deal with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts