Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i back looking for ideas again this time its for a 3 vs 3 sorta apoc game the teams will be and these are not fluff based by level based to try keep the teams even ish deamon + grey knight + dark angels vs guard + chaos + me (eldar)

so from what i know the chaos guy is khorn chargy the guard is a large block of guardmen pushin forwards supported buy some tanks and arti and i wanna throw somthin into that mix that no1 will think of i want some think soo far out the box ppl will not know what to do and i have 1500 to play with so out of box ideas plz

thx loki

·
Registered
375 Posts
Maybe SOME type of direction would be useful.. What models do you have? what strategies do you excel with? It sounds like mid field will be filled by IG, so stick to long range fire (Guardians, tanks, warwalkers, fliers), and fill the gaps for what IG isn't taking (if he is running plasma gunline, run anti-tank. If he is running melta, run anti-tank/MC, etc. Khorne will WANT infantry, so take things that won't kill their targets.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well basicaly i have almost everythin u can for eldar and i can play almost any style have been plyin them for about 15 years i have only lost like 3-4 times

i was thinkin somthin like wraith blades as troops 3 fire prisms scorpions harlies and karandras but thats kinda the thing i would go for and they know that so i want somthin super crazy i can pull it off

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well, as I said before, leave the front line to the Khorne. IG will hold mid field, so stick with your highest powered, farthest range weaponry. Fire Prisms are great, Crimson Hunters, Vypers, Wraithknights, and Wave serpent DAVU spam would be my suggestion.

Lots of S6 for handling fliers, a couple fliers of your own, and some high Strength weapons (barebones Wraightknight and Fire Prisms) for dealing with those AV13+ targets on the field.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
suppose i also just been informed that is a flyer free match so thats a pain

what about 2 fire prisms and a 10 man reaper unit with swoopin hawks and some rangers with night spear leadin

·
Registered
375 Posts
LOL, well a 10 man reaper squad, and illic would definitely not be expected.

Run the reapers INSIDE a bastion - gives AV14 instead of T3! The quad-gun wouldn't be to useful, but perhaps a comms relay would? Or run a landing pad, and give them the 4+ invul :p

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya bastian would be nice and thats 21 str 5 ap3 shots flyin around woulds be nice and night with a small unit of pathfinders for pickin off special stuff and some rangers normaly

what do u think of say a 10 man storm guardian unit in a wave to fly around a assist combats

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ok first draft of a list

HQ
illic nightspear

troops
6x pathfinders
5x rangers
5x rangers

fast attack
6x swoopin hawks (exarch, hawks tallon)
6x shining spears (exarch, star lance, h&r)

heavy support
2x fire prisms (cannon, holo fields)
10x dark reapers (exarch, fast shot)

think this explains itself

·
Registered
375 Posts
Storm guardians are worthless. Let the S5 3A khorne monsters handle that. Eldar doesn't excel at combat, so when paired with combatty allies, let them do that. Play to your strengths still, even though you are trying to switch things up.

Your spears will get torn up. They will get into combat range way before the Khorne guys will, so they will be destroyed before they even attack. AGAIN play to your stengths, unless this is a for fun game.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ow its for fun i just thinkin to have them hang bk till the combats start then just hammer in get out and repeat

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
added up wrong be4 had to take the blades is ws out now i have 200 pts left any ideas remember no flyers allowed

·
Registered
375 Posts
if you have 200 points, maybe take another unit of Hawks, or Spiders (small as well), and then either take more rangers, or upgrade some to pathfinders, or both! ;) You can sit back and AP1 their MC's to death, take out the biggest AP3 threat with your DR, and pick off a couple of their heaviest tank threats with your fire prisms. Just remember to keep your target priority, and take care of deep striking flamers - tis the bane of your ranger list!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HQ
illic nightspear

troops
6x pathfinders
5x rangers
5x rangers

fast attack
6x swoopin hawks (exarch, hawks tallon)
6x shining spears (exarch, star lance, h&r)
7x scorpions (exarch, chain sabres ,wave serpent , holo , scatter,cannon)

heavy support
2x fire prisms (cannon, holo fields)
7x dark reapers (exarch, fast shot)

think i goin to run like this i cant resist gettin a little combat in there :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts