Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Guys, but there will be no more book reviews from me until possibly Janurary, maybe even June next year.

Why? I am taking my GSCE's and therefore will have to study. I'll try and get one more review in before I go back to school (last year, yay), but I'm going to leave it to you guys to decide what I should review.

Titanicus? The Founding? Blood Angels Omnibus? Legion? Mechanicum? Ultramarines Omnibus? Eisenhorn? Rynn's World? A book that I will pick up from town today?

Your choice.

~Bane of Kings

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would say Blood Angels Omnibus. I have not picked it up yet. Good luck with school! i know for a fact 40k and studying do not mix well lol This summer i had a technical communication class, on a test it asked that I write a memo to my instructor in which i descibe my writing process. Now i waxed the test with a 98, and with that in mind i filled in the memo space,"Dat dere's grots' work, dat is!"

my teacher got kick out of it lol

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Blood Angels omnibus, see if you like or dislike it. Its got a wide fanbase of likes and dislikes.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would suggest review Titanicus or Eisenhorn. Since many novels are either Guard or Marine, it brings something new. And both of those are really good novels.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the feedback, and the good luck. I will be on Heresy but not as much. I also picked up Throne of Lies, The Saint: A Gaunt's Ghosts Omnibus & Assault on Black Reach: The Novel today (so now I'm out of money). I'm going to add them to the choices.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Titanicus. Only dan abbnet book i ever finshed. Its queit interesting once you get into it and it is a nice change of pace from marines and guard. If you have the time to read it its worth it.

EDIT: and good luck with school, i myself have to go back soon. it just never ends.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
I'm gonna suggest considering Double Eagle, Enforcer, Storm of Iron, or Emperor's Mercy.

Of those four, only one of them is technically guard, one is chaos marines, but the other two are about an inquisitor and an arbites officer.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I never got round to reviewing The Founding, and would love a thorough (Though still with minimal-spoilage, as is your distinct style) Review.

A peculiar time to be taking GCSE's if I may add; I've finished mine in a single slog during the Summer months, and now await A-level. Or are you revising?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Good luck with your study mate. Don't worry about the reviews, we'll pick up the slack!

EDIT: if you do review the BA omnibus. its a bit so-so. but i do love Inquisitor Steele. one of the best baddies done yet. other than him the book was average. poor blood angels deserved better.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, thanks for your responses guys, and i've decided against closing down my blog, for mainly one reason.

A few days ago, I sent an email to Black Library asking if I could be a book reviewer for their company. (I.E; they send me books and I write reviews for them), and about an hour ago I got a response saying that my request was accepted.

So yeah, I'm now an official Black Library book reviewer. (Unless they suddenly change their mind, which I'm hoping they won't.)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Damn now you can say GW did something nice for your life other then take your money:biggrin:
Congrats

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Interesting. Have you sent them any examples of your past reviews; a demonstration of your skill? Sounds intruiging, I should put some more reviews onto the Heresy blog soon. Good luck :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts