Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks.

Considering making a force of plastic sororitas with the bodies from the High Elf Darkshards with bolters shoved onto them along with Marine backpacks somehow. Not having worked with these models before I was wondering if there was any advice anyone could give about if that would even work and if so what would folks think I'd need to do to make it work.

The models in question:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Dark-Elves-Darkshards

The heads I would use:
SMA301 Heroic Scale Female Heads statuesqueminiatures.shop033.com

I'd round off the shoulder pads for definite. Though not sure what else I'd need to do. Hopefully the backpack and bolter would give it enough gothic sci-fi feel. This is all to try and allow me to cost effectively put together a sisters of battle looking army without having to mess around with metal. This is partly because I'm considering chaos-fying them with some subtle touches from my chaos bitz, which I'd struggle with if I used the metal; in addition I dislike working with metal at the best of times.

Thanks for your time.

Spartacus.

P.S. I'm not interested in arguing the validity of an army of Chaos Sororitas in the fluff, I've seen other threads that have turned into a clusterthingy over such, so please could we keep this on the modelling side of things with civility. Thanks.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response, fellas.
@shaantitus
I'll be taking a look at those, only thing is that since I'm in a new place I don't know if there are other places to game other than my local GW. But third party stuff is definitely on my mind otherwise, I was just trying to keep it to a minimum so I won't raise too many eyebrows.
@Serpion5
Pointed shoulder pads would work better for the chaos look now you mention it, I was thinking of Grey Knight shoulder pads to reinforce the whole ex-heretic hunter vibe they have. Though after talking to some buddies I am considering using the Dark Eldar Kabalites with either using bitz markets or Greenstuff to make all the torsos female.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys, and sorry for the delay.

I'd say that although the sisters of averlorn are awesome looking, they don't have the heavier armoured look of the darkshards as JAMOB said.

I've ordered a tonne of backpacks and a tonne of heads, just scouring the web for bolters.

Dark Eldar are overwhelmingly the popular choice for this, but I'm happier with the darkshards having what actually looks like power armour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.