Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting a tzeentch warband (1500pts) and i cannot decide help me.
Wind of chaos and warptime are my favourite powers, need to include them and a MOT.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Daemon Princes cannot join a squad so i wouldnt give him a lot of stuff. Usually i just give him wings and a mark of nurgle with nurgles rot. Sometimes he has wings and mark of khorne. Its up to you but if you want psychic abilities then give them to your sorcerer

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would go with sorcerer with lash of submission. You can have this on a prince but he can't hide in a unit. V. useful spell.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is powerful but i would rather go for more destructive spells e.g warptime, wind of chaos, on a 4+ reroll they die, no armour saves, just take a wound, great for hordes and terminators. hey i just thought of something!
Is it better to have a vindicator for its demolisher cannon or a sorcerer(daemon prince) with those psychic powers(wt and woc). they both do the same thing. but the vindicators a tank an d a sorcerer isn't. hmm, what do you think

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
well, either HQ with that setup would cost the same, so it really depends on the type of army you play. If you have an assault army, then a DP can be great, good in combat and even if he gets shot at (as he can't hide in a unit) he's taking the heat off your other units.
On the other hand, Tzeentch armies tend to be more shooty, if this is the case, then a sorc. is the best option, hide him in a unit and use his powers when the enemy gets close.
always go wings (or bike if you take a sorc.), the added manouverabilty comes in very handy, even if the rest of your army doesn't move that fast.

·
Registered
646 Posts
go with daemon prince with warptime and wind of chaos, thats what i do and he's very nasty

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes thanks for your comment and I now agree with you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to cooldudezkill would you rather take a vindicator or daemon prince with those powers

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would go with a Sorcerer. Mine came through alot for me and I have yet to see a Daemon Prince do much, in my experiance it is usually the first to die.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I would go with sorcerer with lash of submission. You can have this on a prince but he can't hide in a unit. V. useful spell.
this is supposed to be a tzeentch list, the hq should not have a different mark.

Daemon Princes cannot join a squad so i wouldnt give him a lot of stuff. Usually i just give him wings and a mark of nurgle with nurgles rot. Sometimes he has wings and mark of khorne. Its up to you but if you want psychic abilities then give them to your sorcerer
see above.

since this is a tzeentch list, I assume there will be tsons squads. if so, there will be alot of sorcerers in the form of aspiring sorcerers leading the tsons squads. take a daemon prince to add to the close combat ability of your force. add some summoned daemons and have a good start on a theme. maybe some defilers or other daemonicaly possessed vehicles.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I give my Demon Prince Bolt of Change and Doombolt.
He's a monstrous creature, so he can use them both as they're shooting (backed up by the official FAQ).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Seriously, Gdog - none of these new threads you've started are lists. They're not supposed to be here. They go in Tactics, m'kay?

Oh, and Sorcerers. Definitely sorcerers. MoT, Warptime, and their standard-issue force weapon, and you're off to the races :grin:[/hypocrisy].

1 - 12 of 12 Posts