Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I will, Smillie's Flesh Tearers appeal to me and I would like to see what he can do with a full novel. Plus it's about Amit, which means awesome stuff is very likely to happen in it.

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feXK8rrroiE

The trailer for Sons of Wrath is out and it looks damn good. Apparantely the extra £5 is for the magnetized display case that the book comes in, and the two extra stories. Essentially this release contains four stories; Sons of Wrath, Born of Rage, Debt of Blood and a Horus Heresy story titled Sins of the Father.

Combine this with Trial by Blood and you've got quite the Flesh Tearers collection.

LotN

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hrm, so Trial by Blood is a whole additional hardback.

Ah, I see that Trial by Blood is available as ebook.
Couldnt justify spending 40e on a poster, nor a hardback when its available as ebook.
So I grabbed Sons of Wrath and Trial by Blood as ebook. The ebook download isnt available, so ive written black library for them to get it up asap.

Edit: And they fixed it, grabbed Trial by Blood for the kindle.

Edit 2: Seems they bloated Trial by Blood by including tons of Flesh Tearers shorts from the last couple years. 10x smaller previously released smaller ebook stories is included.

Know Thyself
Blood in the Machine
From the Blood
Beneath the Flesh
Torturer's Thirst
Death's Shepherd
Immortalis
The Quickening
Astorath the Grim: Redeemer of the Lost
Gabriel Seth: The Flesh Tearer

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finishead Trial by Blood. Interesting, but mildly disappointing, due to the sheer reload of old stuff. Though there was 2 small stories I had not seen before. The main narrative is divided in four acts and served out between the load of smaller stories. Id hazard Trial by Blood to be novella sized, and the small ones bumping it to full book sized.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I changed my mind about ordering it, unfortunately this was after I had already ordered it. Now i've asked twice to cancel it and BL have not gotten back to me, they had better refund my money because I don't want SoW anymore.

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Because I don't think that SoW will be long enough to justify £45 for it, and because there are other books that I would rather get with that money.

LotN

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Yup. If it was a full novel, than I probably would get it. But I just can't justify that amount for a novella and a couple of shorts in a pretty case. Especially when I got Son of Horus considerably cheaper.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Yup. If it was a full novel, than I probably would get it. But I just can't justify that amount for a novella and a couple of shorts in a pretty case. Especially when I got Son of Horus considerably cheaper.
Yeah same, Smillie's Flesh Tearers are awesome. Blood in the Machine has the best depiction of Gabriel Seth in all of BL in my opinion, and Smillie really needs to write a full novel about Seth and the darkest Sons of Sanguinius.

LotN

·
Registered
191 Posts
Had my order delivered today, and it is very nice :) not up there with the first 2 first editions though.
Gutted the page edges are just plain white and havnt been coloured red, missed opportunity IMO.
Here's a few pics...

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts