Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now the search didn’t work, so sorry if someone has posted something like this.
So does anything know anything about Malal and The Sons of Malice apart from what’s on wikipedia? I want to start a army of them, but im not really sure if im allowed due to GW not having the copyright to them etc, can you let me know i can? thanks.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Firstly forgive me for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I feel its approriate to instead of starting another the same.

Its also my first post (but have been reading for a while) so go easy.

I'm getting back into 40K after a several years out, my last army was IG based around the Pretorian special edition Boxed set that came out, which I still have.

Now though I'm looking into starting a Sons of Malice Army. I've just finished reading Legion and like the idea that no-one really knows which side they are on, but wanted to do something different still. The SOM suit this as their not really on anyones side, but their own.They hate Chaos due to their affliation with Malal, and they hate the Imperium because it betrayed the SOM in their eyes.

My question is simply which Codex would be best to use? Space Marines, or Chaos Space Marines? The SOM arn't really traitor marines, yet their not loyal, more Renegade. I would have thought they would have had access to all the post-Heresy equipment that the other chapters have.

I don't plan on fielding any kind of deamon or deamon weapon and my actuall Mini's will be a full on mix of SM and CSM parts, all with SM Back-Packs.

So guys, let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well there's nothing wrong with fielding SM with a few chaosy bits and using codex CSM i would personaly use that and not use any icons and cult troops just to show that they don't have the support of normal SM arimes and that there off on there own..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah exactly.

I mean Sword Breathern could become "The Deamon Slayers of Malal" or something, just using the same rules right?

I'm not all that familar with the BT, is there anything in their rules that would be way against the leanings and doctrines of the SOM (some rule or special ability)? If not, I think thats the road I will take.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts