Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Doomed One
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been planning on building a full company of the Sons of Malice for a while and thought I would throw my design out there. I am making this mainly as a theme army and so it lacks a lot of the more powerful CSM units and has no named characters leading it.
So far here is what I have:
HQ:
Chaos Lord /Terminator Armor and Lightning claws
Chaos Lord/Demon Weapon, Personal Icon
Chaos Sorcerer/Wings

Troops:
2nd Squad 11 Marines, melta gun and Lascannon, Icon of Chaos Glory
3rd Squad 11 Marines, As 2nd Squad
4th Squad 11 Marines, As 2nd Squad
5th Squad 11 Marines, armed with chainswords and bolt pistols, flamer and a melta, Icon of Chaos Glory, Rhino Dedicated Transport
6th Squad 11 Marines, as 4th Squad except duel bolt pistols

Elites:
Dreadnought
1st Squad 10 Terminators
11th Squad 11 Chosen CSM

Heavy Support:
Land Raider
Predator
10th Squad 11 Havocs

Fast Attack:
7th Squad 11 CSM Bikers
8th Squad 11 Raptors
9th Squad 11 Raptors

Still deciding on the exact load out of the squads but its a pretty decent sized army. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
346 Posts
That is a wicked collection of models dude. Yeah there's no Berzerkers or Rubrics or anything like that, but it's certainly quite the fluffy list of models! I plan on doing some SoM myself after I paint up my current warband.

Now I must question, what is up with the "3rd squad, 6th squad" and all that jazz? Is that just the order of the squad of models you got?

As for suggestions, maybe get another squad of tactical marines, one Rhino per tactical squad, and I'd say once this army gets totally painted up, it'll be one badass looking thing on the field.

· Doomed One
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, yeah it took me a few years to get them all. You are completely on with the squad thing, I was trying to mirror the order used by loyalist chapters (since the SoM seem to have retained their discipline) and so I had the first squad being termies (traditional and all) and the 11th (Mala....um...Malice's favorite number) being the chosen CSMs, as I remembered the devastators/havocs were toward the bottom of the run with the assault squads higher up and the Tactical marines in the middle to top above the assault troops.

I agree about the additional squad of CSMs and I actually have three rhinos. The only thing is that as you note there are two squads that are armed just for assault (bolt pistols and chainswords) and I had intended to use a sort of hammer and anvil method until I could get more Rhinos with the bolter armed CSMs (boasting that lovely heavy weapon for have 10 or more members in the squad) form the center of the battle line and use the mobility that everything else has to flank the enemy or hit isolated units.

· Registered
346 Posts
Well I'm sure you already know, but modeling the marines with CCW and Bolt Pistol technically means they still do have Bolters, and vice versa, being the Bolter marines with CCW and Bolt Pistols. CSM are awesome like that, so I presume you've done that just for aesthetic purposes?

Yeah you were close enough, haha. His name is Malal, and yeah his number is 11.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
This is cool, the SoM have been a favorite for lil while now and when I started my CSM army I almost went that route, BTW Malal was the name due to some Copyright mumbo jumbo its now Malice.

Anyway show us what you got once you paint it all up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts