·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

2000 Pts - Sons Of Magnus

HQ: Chaos Terminator Lord
1 Chaos Terminator Lord
Lightning Claws (pair); Fearless; Mark of Tzeentch

: Summoned Greater Daemon (the model I use is an Inquisitor-scale Daemonhost Unbound, with extra [broken] chains and stuff all over it)
1 Summoned Greater Daemon
Close Combat Weapon; Fearless

HQ: Chaos Sorceror
1 Chaos Sorceror
Bolt Pistol (x1); Force Weapon (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Doombolt; Familiar; Personal Icon; Warptime; Wings; Mark of Tzeentch

Elite: Possessed (festooned with draping chains)
5 Possessed
Close Combat Weapon; Daemonkin; Fearless; Icon of Tzeentch; Mark of Tzeentch

Elite: Terminators
9 Terminators
Chain Fist (x3); Power Weapon (x6); Combi-plasma (x3); Twin Linked Bolter (x4); Reaper Autocannon (x2); Icon of Tzeentch; Mark of Tzeentch
1 Terminator Champion
Power Weapon (x1); Twin Linked Bolter (x1); Mark of Tzeentch

Elite: Terminators
4 Terminators
Power Fist (x4); Twin Linked Bolter (x3); Reaper Autocannon (x1); Icon of Tzeentch; Mark of Tzeentch

Troops: Chaos Space Marines
9 Chaos Space Marines
Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon; Bolter; Plasmagun (x1); Heavy Bolter; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Icon of Tzeentch; Mark of Tzeentch
1 Aspiring Champion
Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon; Bolter; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Mark of Tzeentch

Troops: Chaos Space Marines
9 Chaos Space Marines
Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon; Bolter; Plasmagun (x1); Heavy Bolter; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Icon of Tzeentch
1 Aspiring Champion
Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon; Bolter; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

Heavy Support: Defiler (well...it's my brass scorpion I use as a defiler for normal 40k games)
1 Defiler
Fleet; Battle Cannon; Dreadnought CCW (x2); Reaper Autocannon; Twin Linked Heavy Flamer; Daemonic Possession; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers

: Summoned Lesser Daemon
8 Summoned Lesser Daemons (The models I use are either WFB Beastmen or Wood Elf Dryads, painted a variety of purples and reds)
Close Combat Weapon; Fearless

Total Roster Cost: 1999

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Cool... Have you thought about making one huge unit of Termies for your Lord's Retinue?

How have the LD's performed for you?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool... Have you thought about making one huge unit of Termies for your Lord's Retinue?

How have the LD's performed for you?
Meh, LDs have been a meat shield while other units get in position, tie up units in CC while I get to objectives.
That's about it.

Yeah, In apocalypse I do take them all as one, but Army Builder only lets me take them up to 10 in a unit.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i like that list, the only problem i guess really is if you dont get scout of fleet with the possessed they might die fast but i guess if there behind another unit shouldn't be to bad.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yo,

like the bike Terminator unit, but be aware of the fact, that you concentrate your power in one point.

Ever thought of the idea of swapping your little 4-guys termi sqaud to get some Raptors?
They could accompany your winged Sorcerer and give you a little more mobility to counter charge or swift flank moves.

If you can spare the points maybe a couple of Rhinos for your normal CSM ?
Versus more shooty army, the bonus of mobilty and LoS blocking of the Rhinos might come in handy.

Lemartes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts